JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1 part Lanolin oil to 10 parts "Heet". I use rubbing alcohol greater than 70% alcohol.

Mix in a spray bottle that I got in the "travel" section of your local store (where they sell the travel sized stuff - toothpaste, deo, etc). Spray bottle was ~ $0.97 I think.

Then i wandered over to the isle that sells the rubbing alcohol. Get greater than 70% alcohol content. 99% would be ideal, but >70% works too.

Lanolin..... that's a different story. I ordered off of Amazon. I think any feed store might sell is as it is used by farmers on their cow/goat udders (to keep them soft and supple).

Mix in spray bottle 10:1. Shake. I lay a bunch of shells on an old cookie sheet. A quick spritz to get the top-side "wet". Then shake to get it all over the cases. You could also do the zip-lok bag spray and shake too.

Let the alcohol air evap for about 2 minutes then started running them through the sizer/decapper.

I haven't had a stuck case since.

Lots of YouTube videos of people using HEET (the automotive fuel line conditioner sold in auto parts stores). I found the rubbing alcohol to be cheaper and it works the same principal (to act as an agent to thin the lanolin so it can be used in a spray bottle, then evaporate quickly leaving a thin coating of lanolin).
I get the Heet at the dollar store for… :p

Tested this last night. I have 49 rounds of 30-06 military brass that was not fully resizing in my RCBS die. After cleaning the die with a gun cleaning brush it went further but would still not full insert even applying Hornady one-shot liberally. After reading this thread, I grabbed the Lee case lube and tested it. It went straight in and fully resized.

I imagine the OP brass is actually 5.56 military brass? The 300 blk was probably made from 5.56.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top