JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tried the search, but couldn't find anything. What case length is considered too short to reload 223/ 556? My friend gave me a bunch of prepped brass, and I don't know if he had a mishap with his trimmer or what, but a majority of the brass measures 1.730s and low 1.740s.. I trim mine to 1.750 +/- .002, and his numbers seem low. I am just loading up a bunch of plinking rounds to take my daughter and some of her friends out to shoot the ARs, but don't want the rounds to be dangerous. Thanks, Guy

Cool, thanks guys, I will load them all up then, and take the girls shooting. I appreciate the quick responses. Just didn't want to put them in harms way by using the cases if dangerous. :)

Cool, thanks guys, I will load them all up then, and take the girls shooting. I appreciate the quick responses. Just didn't want to put them in harms way by using the cases if dangerous. :)

Nah, think of the bearing surface of the bullet and case needing to be consistent, that's all.. There was a standard set and that's what we use. I've trimmed some of mine short on accident and had no fouls. Yeah, they were short.

I think I've had some factory federal that was close to being that short. Btw, it will also grow if you shoot and resize it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top