JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So now that you smart guys have had the obligatory reload and 223 Vs 556 discussion,which I appreciate in the reloading section,can we get back to the subject at hand???

Seriously,if you are in an urban setting,is the 556 AR the best choice,unless we have a real SHTF scenario? We're talking a lot of potential collateral damage to everyone within ,what? 500 yards?
In the country I can see it,but in town seems you are looking for trouble.

So how about the AR pistols and velocities? Would that slow the round down and control over penetration better?

BTW I do appreciate you big brains .

What does our military use to clear buildings in urban settings where collateral damage would be considered horrible?

You can't name me anything which is powerful enough to have real expectations of taking out a BG which won't also penetrate walls, not even a good handgun. If you fling shots around wildly, you may hit something you didn't want to hit. The only answer I have for over penetration is to hit your target.

If a 55 gr 5.56 hits the BG center of mass, it's probably going to stay put.

If you're worried about 500 yards in an urban setting, you do have the option of a shotgun, but you still need to hit your target.

You do have the option (which I use except for 55 gr 5.56) of firing psp or hollow point rounds which will probably stop, center of mass.

What does our military use to clear buildings in urban settings where collateral damage would be considered horrible?

Answer: Usually one of these----

m67-grenade.jpg

m67-grenade.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR