JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I do know that steel cased ammo are rough on the internals & brass is supreme. I wonder why some brands sell for $1.00 a round & others for less that $0.50a round. I have seen allot for sale this last 2 months and brands like Herters & HSM are cheap, why? Would you buy them?
Any help appreciated. Jim

Would you buy them?

In times of "panic" people buy anything they can get their hands on.

As for Steel Cased ammo, don't be so sure that it's all that hard on firearms. There are numerous types of steel and of varying levels of hardness. Some steel can be softer than brass. Also note that the steel cased ammo is coated with either a polymer or plated to prevent corrosion.

I've seen guys shoot AR's all day long using steel cased ammo and no more issues than those with the brass cased. I prefer not to use it because I reload my cases.

Back when Wolf .223 was $140 per 1000 I bought 3 or 4 cases of it and had a ton of problems getting it to feed in my Bushmaster AR. I've had good luck with other calibers in steel. I'll shoot it but I won't go out of my way to buy it, Especially at these prices.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top