JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He bought and then sold, on average, 27 guns a year. That doesn't sound like a ton. I wonder what the used market is like on non-roster handguns. If he bought the guns on blue-label, he could have made some money.

There must be some evidence showing his intent to re-sell these guns. That, or someone is making an example of him because one of the guns was used in a crime.

I'm usually on the negative side of anything Californian and getting just as miffed about anything Oregon and Washington too in being ashamed of all those calling themselves "Public representatives". While I cherish my gun related abilities allowed me thus far, and so I toe the line on rules to keep them, I feel nothing but shame for our government and its representatives who would make such restrictions on it's citizens and allow this to become anything but an interesting foot note followed by an attaboy!

So in a way, he was helping law abiding citizens acquire unlawfully restricted firearms?

*I can't read the article, as it keeps popping up with a fishing scam.

Off roster handguns sell for obscene amounts over MSRP, which is what motivates police to buy new off roster handguns and resell them. Gen 5 glocks are fetching a grand on the CalGuns classified ads. CZ Shadows, 9mm 1911's, and new Sig p210s also bring a very high markup. This cop is one of about four who have been convicted for this very scheme. And if they would get an FFL, they could not "PPT" (face to face sale at an FFL dealer) the off roster guns to private buyers, so they avoided the license obligation.

OMG, police officer's doing illegal thing? Say it isn't so! :rolleyes:

I say give him the 2 1/2 years! He knew exactly what he was doing. Especially after 22 years and making it to lieutenant. Above the law mentality. He wouldn't blink twice at arresting a John-Q-Public if they were able to do this in his jurisdiction.

Sorry if it sounds bitter. I hate police who do shady stuff and EXPECT to get away with it because they wear a badge. :mad:

Another hang up in the unlicensed off roster flipping scheme is that California limits unlicensed sellers to five handgun transactions per year. You can sell multiple handguns in each transaction. Beyond that you can't sell handguns in California for the rest of the calendar year without a dealer FFL and the California equivalent. The California electronic transfer database makes it very easy for the state to notice who the highest volume unlicensed sellers are.

Off roster handguns sell for obscene amounts over MSRP, which is what motivates police to buy new off roster handguns and resell them. Gen 5 glocks are fetching a grand on the CalGuns classified ads. CZ Shadows, 9mm 1911's, and new Sig p210s also bring a very high markup. This cop is one of about four who have been convicted for this very scheme. And if they would get an FFL, they could not "PPT" (face to face sale at an FFL dealer) the off roster guns to private buyers, so they avoided the license obligation.
The only real crime here is glocks going for a grand

Nothing immoral just Illegal
In and of itself, breaking a law is not always immoral - it depends on the law.

According to the article, at least one firearm he sold wound up being used in a crime - but the article did not say whether he sold to a criminal or if the firearm was sold by someone else to a criminal, or if the buyer was not a criminal when he bought it and then committed a crime.

OTOH, it is most likely at least unethical for a LEO to skirt around the law this way - 100 firearms in 4 years? That would indicate to me that he was probably buying a gun and then turning around and selling it for a profit, probably taking orders - but the article did not go into those details.

I don't like gun laws, but knowingly break them at your own risk and don't complain when you get caught.

The Pasadena cop was repeatedly buying and selling the same models without even firing them. He also had an unregistered SBR in his house. When someone is making over 200k you wonder why they feel the need to supplement their income.

Here is another that happened recently. SoCal cops charged with selling guns on the black market

I'm surprised they were revolvers . I assumed it would be the semi auto ,hi cap .with threaded barrels or something of the sort the anti is so upset about.

The Pasadena cop was repeatedly buying and selling the same models without even firing them. He also had an unregistered SBR in his house. When someone is making over 200k you wonder why they feel the need to supplement their income.

Here is another that happened recently. SoCal cops charged with selling guns on the black market
I'd think $200k in Cali wouldn't be much depending on where you live. o_O
Shoot I probably buy and sell that many. :p
You monster! Think of the chill'uns! o_O:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR