JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My point is the Feds do not consider it medicine, and the possession and or use of it is grounds under Federal law to deny RKBAs

Do I agree with that if we're talking about pot for a medical condition? No, but if you'll remember the little yellow forms you fill out to buy a gun OTC, it specifically asks if you have ever used drugs, and if you answer yes, sale is denied

Form 4473

http://www.thundertek.net/documents/4473.pdf

Note question E:

We got to legalize pot, it's way past time. If pot had even a tiny lobbying effort, your free checking would come with an ounce a month dispensed at the atm.

How about we legalize murder, opium,and all the other illegal drugs. What about illegal imigrants, seems the pot head generation doesn't understand the word "illegal" and just merrilly drifts around. Our country has an extremely serious drug problem. Medical weed is a joke, I repeat a joke. Spad

We got to legalize pot, it's way past time. If pot had even a tiny lobbying effort, your free checking would come with an ounce a month dispensed at the atm.

I don't want it in my life whatsoever, but it's time to use LE resources for solving genuine crimes

How about we legalize murder, opium,and all the other illegal drugs. What about illegal imigrants, seems the pot head generation doesn't understand the word "illegal" and just merrilly drifts around. Our country has an extremely serious drug problem. Medical weed is a joke, I repeat a joke. Spad

I'm guessing you've never had a family member taking chemo.. (Not that I advocate chemo, it's awful and unnecessary)

Sure, but the reality is the USA is awash in the stuff, already

The super dangerous drug de jour is meth.. minimal use destroys the conscience centers of the brain, permanently

You are so preaching to the choir with that one that its almost comical... Been there. Done with it... Took about 8 years to get off of that garbage and feel "right" again. Been a few years now (sober for periods of months to over a year a few times in that 8). I havent relapsed on any other drug other than speed in my recovery either... You're never all the way the same though. I don't need a study to tell me that, having done my own "research".

Meth is the devil... Period. However a drug is a drug is a drug. Pot is definitively not the worst nor the "gateway" drug its made out to be... However, as proven here the element of greed that comes with ANY drug is no different than any other... You're looking at a textbook premeditated home invasion ala Tweaker style... For pot. That should be telling people something.

The criminal element is the same.

Alcohol is worse than pot, for society, as well as the individual, but its legal... Does that make it right? no. The aforementioned research I mentioned... Getting stoned never led me to the pipe, but a couple drinks... Shoot, everytime Id drink Id be open to doing dope. Alcohol is almost definately likely to give you the "Ef-its" to some degree.... Lest people forget its a drug too. A depressent, hence why people drink a fifth of whiskey, hate their life, and blow their brains out.

Stupid bickering about drugs aside, this is an interesting article. It seems like these kind of robberys on medical mj growers are becoming pretty common. I can only imagine people breaking into my house with shotguns and intent to use them on me.

Stupid bickering about drugs aside, this is an interesting article. It seems like these kind of robberys on medical mj growers are becoming pretty common. I can only imagine people breaking into my house with shotguns and intent to use them on me.

In many parts of the country (say Florida) home invasions by heavily armed groups is relatively common.. for cash, jewelry, electronics, etc..

BTW the story is about drugs just as much as guns, in case you hadn't noticed ;)

I think the robbers are doing it because they know there is going to be something of value there. They might not even be marijuana users themselves as much as they know the pot has value and the guy may have cash. They also know the guy so maybe they think they know how to deal with the situation. It didn't work out so well this time around for the bad guys. The one the week before I think the wrong guy ended up dying. People on drugs like Meth also use pot so it is a circle that can end up being bad even for the guys that only use the pot. But like I said I don't know all the circumstances here.

Ya, POT. hahahahaha, BRILLIANT! Just because you do one drug doesnt mean you do all of them, thats a pretty ignorant blanket (and uneducated) statement. How they got there might be a different story, but once you find your DOC, you usually tend to gravitate there.

By the way I know ALOT of Meth addicts that are not violent 1 bit. Most of that subset dont really participate in any crime other than abusing the drug itself either. But a Meth addict that thrives on violence in the midst of pshycosis is somehting to be seriously considered a possible issue.

Dont believe everything you see on TV or hear via the media machine.

Cheesauce H.

Why would you say chemo is unnessessary? It worked for my wife...

Because he probably read a website and believed it.

Anyways, I love that this thread has turned into a bunch of people arguing whether pot is good or bad. When the original story was about a man defending his life against home invaders.

Why would you say chemo is unnessessary? It worked for my wife...

Sometimes it works, but there are far safer and less destructive ways to defeat cancer. Ozone therapy for instance.. natural and kills cancer on contact

A lot of people die from chemo, either immediately or later on from the systemic damage

Ya, POT. hahahahaha, BRILLIANT! Just because you do one drug doesnt mean you do all of them, thats a pretty ignorant blanket (and uneducated) statement. How they got there might be a different story, but once you find your DOC, you usually tend to gravitate there.

By the way I know ALOT of Meth addicts that are not violent 1 bit. Most of that subset dont really participate in any crime other than abusing the drug itself either. But a Meth addict that thrives on violence in the midst of pshycosis is somehting to be seriously considered a possible issue.

Dont believe everything you see on TV or hear via the media machine.

Cheesauce H.

I've known several ex-meth heads. One ended up killing his wife, two beautiful little children, and committing suicide

Others have varied in grades of bad behavior, but not one of them would I ever trust

I've known several ex-meth heads. One ended up killing his wife, two beautiful little children, and committing suicide

Others have varied in grades of bad behavior, but not one of them would I ever trust

Welp, don't trust me then. I just don't see the need to "hide" behind anonymity, when Life has gotten nothing but fantastic since Ive finally recovered.

:s0155:

I know of sober people that have killed loved ones too. Your point? Not all serial killers (or any other "type") are tweakers. Or ex tweakers, or even druggies at all. Im definately not defending speed or its abusers behavior, in any shade of bad. Meth is an evil SOB and a real PITA to get out from underneath. I know. Im glad I had support through the process... Its amazing how bad things have to get before you can see, some dont ever get too...

The point here is that these were people Robbing a POT dealer (legal or not, its still dealing), meth had nothing to do with it, the standard stoners argument that pot (and its element) are all peacefull hippies that wont ever do crime is moronic. As proven here.

Drugs are drugs.

Welp, don't trust me then. I just don't see the need to "hide" behind anonymity, when Life has gotten nothing but fantastic since Ive finally recovered.

:s0155:

I know of sober people that have killed loved ones too. Your point? Not all serial killers (or any other "type") are tweakers. Or ex tweakers, or even druggies at all. Im definately not defending speed or its abusers behavior, in any shade of bad. Meth is an evil SOB and a real PITA to get out from underneath. I know. Im glad I had support through the process... Its amazing how bad things have to get before you can see, some dont ever get too...

The point here is that these were people Robbing a POT dealer (legal or not, its still dealing), meth had nothing to do with it, the standard stoners argument that pot (and its element) are all peacefull hippies that wont ever do crime is moronic. As proven here.

Drugs are drugs.

I'm happy for you if you are the exception. I have yet to meet one on person, however. No hard feelings..

Drugs are drugs.
Things like this will always happen when drugs are illegal, the same way prohibition created the mob, the war on drugs has created gangs, drug cartels and other scum.

When people want something, they'll find a way to get it, doesn't matter if it's legal or not, that goes for alcohol, drugs and guns. If drugs were legal, you'd see much less drug related violent crime, IMO...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top