JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
22LR doesn't take much to suppress with std/subsonic ammo - its a function of can volume and baffle design - with 22s a standard straight baffle does just fine. I think being able to disassemble the can for proper cleaning and the ease of doing so would be my main concern as 22LR is pretty dirty stuff in general.
If I were you I would search for independent reviews comparing the cans for db reduction and ease of dissassembly for cleaning.

Any of those would work great.

Personally, I'd lean toward the Sparrow or the AAC Element 2. Curt's in Milwaukie can set you up remotely/via mail for everything and then go in there in person to pick it up in six months. They have the Element 2 right now. It is 5db quieter than the Pilot 2.

Sparrow - easiest to break down and clean, and with a 10/22 you'll be putting lots of shots through it. Plus 5.7 as mentioned above.

Element 2 only because AAC is always top notch and the E2 is their best (for now). It may be the quietest (DB reduction) suppressor out right now.

With suppressors, always by the best since they are usually yours for life.

Now if SIZE is not an issue and you are only talking about putting it on a long .22 rifle (vs small 22 pistols), you might consider the Liberty Mystic. BIG yes, but it works great on .22, easy to clean, and so many other calibers - <broken link removed> The almost do-all suppressor. Available at Dan Dee Sales (supporting vendor here on the forum and A+ to work also - ask for Jack). The Mystic is fine on a 10/22 and MP15/22 and although not as quiet as a dedicated .22 suppressor is not far off the mark.

I have the SWR Spector also it works great on my walther p22 my 10-22, my 10-22 magnum and my FN 5.7 and it quieted them all very nicely.. it's the quietest on my remington 510 bolt gun. I love how easy it is to clean.. and thats very important the 22 rd. Is very dirty so at least do yourself a favor and get one that comes apart to clean.

A good friend has the AAC Element and we have shot it alot on a bunch of different pistols with many brands of ammo. Some rifles also. Very quiet and easy to maintain. A quality product.

Liberty Kodiak TL. Easy to disassemble and clean. Quiet. And it doesn't seem to
dirty up my guns like some do. I've ran 500 rds in a day with my 22/45 without
cleaning.

My two cents: For a 22 suppressor, it has to be able to be disassembled for cleaning. That is non-negotialable.

Other thing: buy it as soon as you can because you won't get to take possession of it for a minimum of 6 months.

I'm going to get the Silencerco Sparrow just as soon at it is back in stock at Dan-Dee sports. It isn't the cheapest, but it gets plenty of recommendation on many forums and Silencerco reportedly has excellent customer service. They also own SWR, so I'd expect the same excellent service from them.

I don't have experience with all the suppressors you listed, but I do have experience with the gemtech as well as some of the experimental cans we built at my former employer (a 10/02 ffl), the gemtechs are plenty quiet on most pistols out there, they are also quite light. However, you're interested in a rifle can. Depending on what you're looking at spending, you may want to consider going with a .223 can, as weight is less of an issue but you probably want more suppression and it doesn't matter as much how big it is (don't have to worry about it covering up your sights).

Either way, you're going to have to wait 3-6 months for your stamp to be approved, if you have some skills you can go the form 1 route and build your own. I'm trying to get my biz going so I can transfer all my cans from my old employer to me... (going to file a 07/02)

Oh, btw, if you're interested in going the form 01 route, I'll be happy to share some designs with you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top