JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the clarification. I only have two 10 round mags for my .22 so I hope that is not a problem. Should my husband be reloading one while I use the other, or should the person shooting reload their own?

I am terrible with a .22 and will probably embarass myself, but still looking forward to the event. :)

I only have one mag, S&W spare mags are non existent... anywhere

I'm a old geezer, just getting back into shooting, haven't shot outdoors in 20 years, have never seen a match.

I figure I'm going there to learn from others.

I will take pressure off you NWGlockgal, trust me :gun12:

I only have one mag, S&W spare mags are non existent... anywhere

I'm a old geezer, just getting back into shooting, haven't shot outdoors in 20 years, have never seen a match.

I figure I'm going there to learn from others.

I will take pressure off you NWGlockgal, trust me :gun12:
My goal is just not to come in last place :)
I am not going to the event to place well -because I won't- I am going to learn and have fun. Which is the most important thing of all. :)

I've never even been to an event, just now coming back to the shooting sports.

I only have the one magazine that came with the M&P 22 pistol, dang it S&W git some mags out there including the Shield 9!

May have to go anyways to see what it's all about

Hopefully meet some of the folks from this community!
Hope you had a great time! It was nice to meet you.

Just left, had a great time and met a couple of people from the forum.
I was surprised at the lack of participation by women. As far as I could
tell I was the only adult female there who was shooting.

I had a great time today. Thanks a ton to Kimber, the friendly club members and RSO's. Conversations with fellow shooters was just as enjoyable as shooting some steel. I will be at the next match with more mags and a .22 pistol :)

Btw anyone have the final scores and standings? I had to leave before all where done.

Awesome match. That was a lot of fun with a ton of friendly people. There were some kinks to work out for the next one but all in all it was great. Good to see a lot of the young generation out there. Thanks again Kimber for putting this on. I'll make sure and email Oregon firearms academy to thank them for the prizes. And The Trophy Pros as well.

Had an absolute blast today!!! Tons of great people and as Jarhead said it was great to see the youngsters out there. Thanks Kimber and all the other people that set this up can't wait to shoot the next one!!!!! Are the scores going to be posted up here?

It was good and only really rained near the end. For those who were there, I was the one doing the timing on Stage 1. I had on the NRA Life Member hat.

Looks to be a high probability for more of these to come. Thanks to everyone who helped, and a big thank you to Kimber Custom for all the hard work in organizing it all. :)

-- Bob

Thanks all. That was quite the event. Took a little bit to get us off the ground but once the train left the station I think it went great.

I will post results here either tomorrow or Tuesday (I'm traveling Monday).

The next step will be to report to the board and request a budget for next year. I think there was enough coming out of today to make this a regular event.

Thanks again to Bob, Dave, Pete, Ron and Rick for stepping up to help. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Also thanks to Ed, Krista, Beverly, Leeanna and Natalie for helping with the targets, admin and lunch.

Another shout out to the people who helped with the prizes. The Trophy Pros, Oregon Firearms Academy and Steel Horse Customs.

Kimber, you hit it out of the park as far as myself and everyone I talked to was concerned, while you and many others were making sure things went as smoothly as they did, the rest of us were having a ball :s0155:

AcessBob, you were my first and told me just to relax and enjoy, thank you!

Everyone was so much help as we stepped up to the line, there was no room for error or what the heck am I supposed to do?

So many people donated their Saturday to help others, that speaks Volumes to helping others enjoy this great sport!

Jarhead are you the one that took the best of the best? I don't like you. (kidding) would like to shoot half as good as you some day!

At the end of the day Kimber commited himself to 4 x a year for us, we all have a busy life, don't know how you do it Sir, but we do much appreciate it!

I wish we would have had some kinda name tag so we could recognize those from this great community!

For anyone that is concerned about their skill level, doesn't matter we all had a Great Time, just show up for the next Kimber Event!

Mel

Yea I like the quarterly idea. I wouldn't want to wait a whole year to do that again. I think every three months is just right. And now all of us need to help make it a success.

Yes Navman I did take the overall, much to my surprise. There were a lot of good shooters there today. This was my first time and honestly for $8, a few hundred rounds of 22, and a Saturday, I can't think of much that is more fun for the investment.

And I guess I forgot to thank the ROs for donating their time. Much appreciative.

I think I counted 34 shooters. Here are some pictures that Bill sent me.

Some shady pics of our winners :)

rrc9_zpsd42ad047.jpg rrc3_zps89d25fe8.jpg rrc8_zps4f82ffbe.jpg rrc7_zps09da8e73.jpg rrc5_zpsca79493d.jpg rrc6_zpsc299ba87.jpg rrc26_zps2cc05f26.jpg rrc4_zpsa1b35ed7.jpg rrc25_zpsfd780dad.jpg rrc24_zpse93ea902.jpg rrc23_zps5df3ef67.jpg rrc22_zpscd184290.jpg rrc21_zps2c90e76e.jpg rrc2_zpsb05d9fef.jpg rrc18_zpsd0072b30.jpg rrc16_zps0c494959.jpg rrc20_zps812d3948.jpg rrc17_zps1baae920.jpg rrc19_zps7c06e6e7.jpg rrc15_zps3935e275.jpg rrc11_zps987612e3.jpg rrc12_zps396224fa.jpg rrc14_zps3cd69c40.jpg rrc10_zpsf2d907bb.jpg rrc13_zps5f36863d.jpg RRC1_zpsf71a1c8d.jpg IMAG0554_zps3c0dec90.jpg IMAG0553_zps1913c216.jpg IMAG0551_zpsad950ee9.jpg

oh man this looks like fun!!! not sure how the scoring or courses work. gonna do a bit of research. This looks like hickock 45's (youtuber) backyard so count me in!

Here's a PDF with the results. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3fbTeLjnPFDbHVrRVN4dFc4ZGM/edit?usp=sharing

Not everyone turned in completed score sheets. I removed names that didn't have any times turned in.

When I contacted Jesse to give him his Top Pistol award he said he didn't compete in pistol only rifle. D'oh! Add it to the list of thing to work on next time (BTW I'm eyeing March for our next event).

The bad news is we gave Top Rifle to Ed and Jesse's score was better than Ed's on Rifle. The good news is Ed would have then taken Top Pistol. So the right people got awards, just not the correct ones. :shy:

Thanks again for participating.

Still working on that. I have a board meeting on the 21st to ask for a budget. I've submitted some dates but the club calendar hasn't been updated yet so I don't know if I got them. I think the first date I asked for was the 3rd weekend in Jan.

Great news! DRRC approved .22 Rimfire Challenge as a new discipline. We will be holding 4 events next year. The next event will be Jan 25th. I'll start a new thread on that as soon as I officially see it on the club calendar :)

We will have to use the borrowed targets for the first few events as I won't have a budget for my own set of targets until June.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top