JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club will be putting on a .22 Fun Steel Match on Sat Oct 12th from 9a-2p.

We will be using the Ruger Rimfire Challenge rules.

Here's a flyer to help get the word out: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3fbTeLjnPFDdVpDMVgzd3JCd0E/edit?usp=sharing

This will be the inaugural event; if this goes well, DRRC will consider adding this as a new discipline next year and hold regular matches with the goal of hosting a sanctioned match next year.

Free hot dog lunch (donations appreciated) and, if I can drum up some prizes, maybe even a raffle - details to come.

Hope to see you out there :s0155:

Generically I think 8 is about right but we aren't carding anyone. If you think your young gun can safely shoot the targets then bring them on out. There will be someone right next to all shooters to help maintain safety. The targets will be big and close (90% of the shooters should be able to hit 90% of the targets 90% of the time).

I wasn't planing to do a pre-registration. (perhaps a mistake on my part) I'm hoping for 40 shooters. I think I can run 4 squads at a time, 5 to a squad. Strings should be able to rotate every 30 min if things run as smoothly as I hope. 2-2.5 hours to run the full course (8 strings). 2nd wave of shooters starting around 11-11:30 plus lunch. Since not everyone will want to shoot all 8 strings I'm hoping to rotate shooters into squads as positions open up so there won't be a huge wait.

Looking forward to it,and will tell like-mnded friends about it. If I were you i'd have contingency plans for a big turnout,. Maybe a 'show of hands' in mid Sept here on the forum ? speed steel at tcgc draws big crowds.

I'm starting to work on some prizes :s0155: OFA, Steel Horse Customs and CCI will all be represented on the prize table.

My goal is to have prizes for:
Top overall shooter (must shoot all 8 strings, 4 w/pistol, 4 w/rifle)
Top Pistol
Top Rifle
Top Manual Action (pump, bolt or single action revolver)
Top Woman
Top Youth (<16)
Top Sr (55+)

Depending on much I drum up for prizes, each string you shoot will enter you into a raffle for anything left on the prize table.

A couple of donations have found me - if you've got something you're willing to donate please let me know.

I wasn't planing to do a pre-registration. (perhaps a mistake on my part) I'm hoping for 40 shooters. I think I can run 4 squads at a time, 5 to a squad. Strings should be able to rotate every 30 min if things run as smoothly as I hope. 2-2.5 hours to run the full course (8 strings). 2nd wave of shooters starting around 11-11:30 plus lunch. Since not everyone will want to shoot all 8 strings I'm hoping to rotate shooters into squads as positions open up so there won't be a huge wait.

I would like to enter and I will be traveling from Seattle, WA. Whats the chances of me getting turned away b/c all the spots are full?

5.3 of the rule book says you may use high capacity magazines but they can not be loaded with more than 10 rounds. This is an area we will stray from the RRC rules. Load em up to save time reloading.

We will, however, follow the 4.1 rule that gives a 30 sec penalty for firing more than 11 rounds so shooter beware. In the future if we run a sanctioned match we will have to abide by all of the rules including 5.3.

Just got a care pack from OFA :s0155:

IMAG0461_zpsdf000433.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews