JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Suddenly taking indoor semi-automatic target 22 pistols more seriously. It's becoming an addiction learning to make smaller and smaller groups. I want all those little holes to touch so I can't even count 'em. People who shoot like I want to say that the next step is standard velocity ammo. And they agree it varies in price, quality and availability.

So I'm hoping to tap into some of the knowledge base here.

What's good?
What's crap?
Best prices?
Sources around Portland?

Thanks in advance!

Last Edited:
Sorry, can't help with a portland source location but I've found that wolf brand match 22lr is super accurate in my 10-22 and walther p22. I've bought it off midway for 5.80 per 50 rounds. I also use federal bulk 525s from bimart. It's my locally available favorite and I've had very good results with that brand/load in both of my 22s.
There is a brand sold at bimart that's in a white and brown cardboard box that is super dirty and not too accurate, that I've tried once and will never buy again.
Hope this helps.

Eley standard velocity are excellent

I prefer subsonic ammo, myself.. standard CCI or Remington 40 grain hollowpoints. They are as quiet as an airgun in a Ruger 10/22

A friend who is into 22 stuff has gone so far as to have a rim thickness measuring device built and sorts his match grade ammo by rim thickness / weight. He admits that it may have only gained him about 2-3% in accuracy but probably isn't worth the time he puts into it but it makes him feel he did everything he could to prep for his matches...

Federal bulk 525 pack works well in my Buckmark...try several brands using a steady rest, then the rest of the variation in accuracy (in my case, quite a bit!) is the result of technique...practice, practice, practice......and oh yeah, and enjoying it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top