JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's time for another .22 Rimfire Challenge event :s0115:

Saturday, October 25th from 8:30-5:30. 4 stages of pistol, 4 stages of rifle - All .22lr welcome. Each stage is shot 5x for time - add up your 4 best for your score on that stage. Prizes awarded for Overall Champion, Top Youth, Top Lady, Top Pistol and Top Rifle.

No specialized gear required - pistol, rifle, ammo (about 300 rounds), eye and ear protection.

Static steel targets are placed 21-60' for pistol and 21-105' for rifle.

The club authorized the purchase of 96 new steel targets - I've got my fingers crossed that they will be ready for this event.

Registration will start at 8, safety brief & squad assignments at 8:45, start shooting by 9:15.

Cost is $5 per gun for members and $7.50 per gun for non-members. Ticket includes lunch & raffle at the end of the day.

http://www.douglasridge.org/rimfire_challenge.html

Oh, I'm also setting up next years calendar - pending board approval 2015 dates will be Sat Feb 14 (bring your valentine), Sat May 9 (bring your mom), Fri Jul 3 and Sun Nov 8

I'm in, most likely with +1 (my son) and possibly +2 (wife). Is there a registration process or is this pay at the gate?

Is food provided/for sale or should we bring picnic lunches?

If we get enough interest in manual action shooters, we can make that a class for competition. If nothing else, we can denote it on the score sheet that you were running a manual action.

New target stands are in the works - Huge shout out to Gadget Geek and Chris; you guys are rock stars!

1972273_10204978291796554_1217938452131882647_n_zps273e6465.jpg

Would like to come check this out.
From browsing the thread it sounds as if most are using 10/22's or other semi .22's.
I see one guy was shooting a lever and a bolt action or two in the mix.

Are a majority of the handguns MKII's or similar, or does anyone run a revolver?

Yes, semi-auto .22 is the most competitive. I don't think scopes are much of an advantage here since the targets are big and close. Certainly no race gun required.

I haven't seen a revolver yet. The challenge here is there's the potential for 7 targets. You are allowed to bring 2 revolvers to the line if you just have a 6 gun. In sanctioned events there are special categories for single action pistol and rifles.

Mark II/III & buckmark are the most common on the line but I've seen Walther's, 1911 conversions and Nero's as well. Anything chambered in .22lr is fine.

I'll be there rocking my stock walther P22 and Marlin 60;).

I might not enter my lever gun but I'll have it in case I decide to.

As much as I love revolvers and bolt or lever rifles, there is just no way to compete with the Simi autos there. However, this event is supposed to be fun so unless your gunning for first place, I'd say shoot whatever makes you smile.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top