JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another great match! Thanks Ben and family.
Absolutely right on this! Ben and family, you do a stellar job creating a low-key very fun match. All I see are a lot of smiles ... okay a few grimaces while shooting (and missing) but other than that you create an event that has 60+ folks really enjoying themselves.

Thanks you so very much. My son and I are so looking forward to the next one! I'll be brining my 13yr old daughter too!

Last Edited:
I do have a question for the speed steel shooters here. What dot size would you recommend for this type of shooting? I don't know diddly about red dot sights ... all I've ever used in competitive shooting are irons.

So, any help here? My 16yr old son shot today with a fixed 4x Leupold hunting scope with the standard duplex reticle ... but that proved to be a bit too high in magnification and he wants to put a dot scope on his 10/22. Any advice on this would be appreciated!

Last Edited:
I do have a question for the speed steel shooters here. What dot size would you recommend for this type of shooting? I don't know diddly about red dot sights ... all I've ever used in competitive shooting are irons.

So, any help here? My 16yr old son shot today with a fixed 4x Leupole hunting scope with the standard duplex reticle ... but that proved to be a bit too high in magnification and he wants to put a dot scope on his 10/22. Any advice on this would be appreciated!
I have a 5 MOA on mine and it's too small. The smallest size I would go with would be 6 MOA, but larger is easier to acquire, smaller is for accuracy. Here I think acquisition is the important issue. I will eventually replace mine with a larger MOA and am going for an 8.

I have a 5 MOA on mine and it's too small. The smallest size I would go with would be 6 MOA, but larger is easier to acquire, smaller is for accuracy. Here I think acquisition is the important issue. I will eventually replace mine with a larger MOA and am going for an 8.
Good to know. Thanks for the pro tips Glockgal

Glad you guys had a hoot

GlockGal is spot-on about the MOA dot size.
If budget allows, consider a holographic type optic...C More makes a few different ones that are often used at speed Steel matches, and they offer multiple dot sizes. Just keep in mind, while an 8 moa dot might be great on an 8" plate at 20 yards, it will completely cover (hide) the target at 100 yards.
Leupold Delta Point Pro is a great option, but kind of spendy.
Primary Arms is a good site for window shopping and learning the different features of tube-style vs holographic sights.
Their pricing is competitive, and their customer service is excellent.
Have fun...

I really wanted to make it out to the match yesterday. My daughter enjoys shooting in general and spending time with me even more in particular, but see is hot and cold as to when she feels like shooting.

I did manage to get her to Tri-County yesterday afternoon for some brief shooting (for her anyway). No worries, I made up for her lack of shooting by burning up close to 500rds of .22 myself! :p:D

C-mores are great, and it's nice to be able to change the dot size by buying a different module which I understand are very reasonably priced. I enjoy speed steel but don't want to put a lot of money into it. My cheap $29 red dot has worked fine so far, even if it is huge and ugly :) When it breaks or I get rich I'll move up in dot size.

Thanks to all who came out and played. Please forgive the type-o's in the shooter name list. The crew gets a little frantic when 63 people show up for registration :eek:o_O:)

Big thanks to all who contributed to the prize table - Hats from NWFA founder Joe Link, ammo from Scott Jennings, Igloo SWAG from Paul Goff and a few things I didn't notice who put them there - you guys are awesome :s0132:

A few pictures I took: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LSmKw4tS9g9BGed97

I've been told I can't ever go back to chili and hotdogs without a revolt:s0030:

Conner took Overall Champion for the third time. :s0010:Apple doesn't fall far from the tree as Neil took Top Youth. Our very own NWGlockgal picked up Top Lady (welcome back Donna). Top Pistol went to Dan Hooker (only 1.08 from taking overall from Conner) and Top Rifle went to Michael Zielinski (or was it the other way around?:confused:)

Here are the final scores. Our next event is July 14. See you out there.

May 12th results_Page_1.jpg May 12th results_Page_2.jpg

Great job again! Thank you to you and your family! Enjoyed the large turnout......need to think about how to keep the event from dragging as the numbers grow.......lets make this the premier event at DRRC.
Rich J.

Great job again! Thank you to you and your family! Enjoyed the large turnout......need to think about how to keep the event from dragging as the numbers grow.......lets make this the premier event at DRRC.
Rich J.

Dragging???
Dude, we had 63 shooters and we were done by, what, 3:30? That includes everything that comes with the event such as working through equipment issues and getting new shooters comfortable with the process. Not to mention setting up and tearing everything down.

I'd say that's outstanding by any metric.

Kudos to the whole KimberCustom fam.

Dan needs to step it up and knock Connor out of that top spot! 3 times in a row... UGH... LoL

I for one thought the day went smashingly well! Over 60 shooters and all cleaned up by 3:30. I was seriously impressed with how many people pitched in to help this time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top