JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...I haven't seen much discussed on 'equipment'.

Would there be carbine, pistol & revolver in both iron sights & optic? Suppose really little difference in my favorite category...."geezer-22..."

There is a rifle and a pistol subdivision. Four stages for each.

That's it. This is a simple, straightforward and relaxed come with what you have and have fun type of match. I attended the last with one of my boys and we had a great time!

@DLS How old are your kiddo's?
My daughter is 12 and was thinking this would be a great 1st match for her, even better with other kiddo's shooting. :)
Hi Spook, I have a 13 yr-old daughter and a 16 and 18 yr-old sons. I'm not sure I can convince my daughter to attend this time. We have been practicing a bit but she is still a little unsure but has committee to the next one!

I do have a bit of a problem, she is pretty small so even a short stocked rifle is overly long for her and makes it tough. I've been looking for a beater 10/22 stock to cut down for her but will probably just bite the bullet and order a youth stock from Brownell's. The problem with cutting down a standard stock is the reach from the pistol grip to the trigger is rather long, so even when the LOP is correct the reach to the trigger makes it tough to shoot well.

The 16 yr-old is coming and my older boy may have to work otherwise he will be there too.

Hope to see you there! I'll look for a guy with a little lady and introduce myself.

She has watched me shoot a Speed Steel match at Tri-County and the folks in my squad are great and very supportive, I think it's a bit much for her 1st match.
I haven't shot the Tri-County match, but from what I read of it here, it's a more involved match compared to the DRRC match. So if she was only a bit put off by the Tri-county match she should be fine at this one.

Hi Spook, I have a 13 yr-old daughter and a 16 and 18 yr-old sons. I'm not sure I can convince my daughter to attend this time. We have been practicing a bit but she is still a little unsure but has committee to the next one!

I do have a bit of a problem, she is pretty small so even a short stocked rifle is overly long for her and makes it tough. I've been looking for a beater 10/22 stock to cut down for her but will probably just bite the bullet and order a youth stock from Brownell's. The problem with cutting down a standard stock is the reach from the pistol grip to the trigger is rather long, so even when the LOP is correct the reach to the trigger makes it tough to shoot well.

The 16 yr-old is coming and my older boy may have to work otherwise he will be there too.

Hope to see you there! I'll look for a guy with a little lady and introduce myself.
I have a ruger stock cut down to youth size you can have. I'll bring it to the event or I work near pdx if you want it before

I have a ruger stock cut down to youth size you can have. I'll bring it to the event or I work near pdx if you want it before
That would be great! I was thinking about all of this and realized I can build up the grip area with putty, much like the precision pistol shooters do on their grips. That way I could shorten the distance to the trigger which would help my daughter immensely.

So, yes please. Bring the stock with you to the event and I'll thankfully take it off your hands! Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a decent local roadhouse near the range for the weary traveler?
Motel 6 in Gresham and the Mall 205 area are listed at $65 per night. The range should be an easy drive from either. There is a Studio 6 at $59 but it's an additional 10 - 15 minutes away from the range.

I hope this helps.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews