JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club is hosting another .22 Rimfire Challenge Saturday, July 26th from 8:30a-5p.

What is .22 Rimfire Challenge? It is an introduction to competitive shooting for speed. You can use anything chambered in .22LR, pistol or rifle. When you come to the line you will have 5-7 static steel targets to shoot at. A coach will explain what targets you are shooting at and give you the command to fire. Shoot at all of your targets as fast as you can. When you hit the last target (known as the stop plate) the timer stops. You get 5 chances to shoot each stage of the competition. Your worst time is tossed out and the rest are added together to make your score. That’s all there is to it. No reloading, no holster draws, no move and shoot, no mind games – just fast and fun!

Pre-registration is available by sending an email to [email protected] Please include the full name of all participants so we can reserve you a spot.

Mark your calendars now. Fees are $5 per gun for club members or $7.50 for non members and lunch is included. There are courses of fire for both pistol and rifle. Come on out and give it a try :)

Please note; this is an all day event. Registration will start at 8, safety brief at 8:45 and start shooting at 9.

A few notes for those who have participated in the last few events:
* Once again we will be using both the Silhouette range and the Dynamic range
* We will be using the squad method again
* I will be setting up stages Fri night from 7p-9p - anyone willing to help would be appreciated (club members can get work hours)

I've attached a flyer to help get the word out - hope to see you all out there.

Attachments

• DRRC flyer.pdf
    454.4 KB · Views: 259
Looks like I'll be able to make this one. I'll send an email now.

EDIT: Is there a catagory for non-simi auto guns? I want to bring out my lever gun but wasn't sure if I'd be the only one there using one. I'll probably bring it for kicks anyway just to see how fast I can run her.

Last Edited:
In a sanctioned match there is a manual action class. I haven't had enough participants with manual actions to justify doing it in these 'fun' matches.

That's ok, I'm fairly new to it so I still have a long way to go.

I'm still going to bring it for fun. Now if I can just get out to practice a bit before hand ;).

Looking forward to it! See y'all there.

Quick question.

How many rounds per stage are shot? 10? Or does it depend on your magazine size?

Anyone using speed loaders for tube fed mags? I ordered one but it will not be here in time now. Curious what you use and where you got it.

Thanks for input - this is my first time to this and want to make sure my speed loaders are filled right and that I bring enough ammo.

Last Edited:
5 ten shot rounds per stage 5 stages total = 250rds
Any mag size you want but no more then 10 shots fired per round.
I run 5 ten shot mags.

There's 5-7 targets per stage. You shoot each stage 5-6 times. There are 8 stages. Roughly 325 rounds total.

For temporary speed loaders, swing by 7/11 for some super big gulp straws. Tape off one end. Fill them tips first.

See you tomorrow.

Soo.... Does anyone going happen to have a spare Savage MKII bolt I can borrow? My extractor crapped out...

you are more than welcome to use my 22/45 if you need a pistol.

1496630_10152248425890757_1229980561_n 2.jpg

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

Stage 7

Stage 8

A few minor changes this time: first I'm dumping the handicaps. The targets are so big that any benefit you get from optics are lost on how much time it takes to aquire your target. Red dot may be the exception but I'm going to try it and see what happens.

Also, I'm still going to offer a mulligan but it needs to be asked for before the stop plate is hit.

Hope to see a bunch of smiling faces in the morning. I can support 80 shooters :)

Top prize is a $75 GC to Fisherman's. Plus an assortment of other prizes/awards.

20140725_205735_zps6avfhh4i.jpg 20140725_205717_zpsl2nqjkjz.jpg 20140725_205657_zpsm4dds0sd.jpg 20140725_205643_zpsd0uznwon.jpg 20140725_204651_zpsfrubm6yg.jpg 20140725_204710_zpsvijqyjz3.jpg 20140725_204743_zpsh0gevvx0.jpg 20140725_204908_zps9az8cw3z.jpg

Thanks for a great event!:)

I didn't expect to win anything but did win a raffle item, so that wa nice.

Good assortment of prizes to choose from too;)

Can't wait for the next one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads