JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Our first Rimfire Challenge of the year is next month. Bring your Valentine out and show some love of hitting steel.

Pre-register by shooting me a PM.

Cost is $5 per gun for club members and $7.50 for non-members. Lunch, raffle, awards and a whole lot of fun.

Open to anything chambered in .22lr. 8 stages (4 pistol & 4 rifle). No move and shoot or holster draws. Just fast & fun steel.

Flyer attached to help get the word out.

Attachments

• Rimfire.pdf
    450.6 KB · Views: 268
This sounds like a blast, I wish it wasn't on Valentines day. If I took my wife to a shooting competition on V day I might leave with a couple 22. size holes in my rear end.

Now lets explore this Valentines Day issue for a moment -
* First it's about 'relationship' right? Isn't this an activity to be done together? Who knows? Maybe a great way to get your SO into something you enjoy.
* Valentines 'Day' is about dinner, movie and a nice evening. We will be done by 5 leaving plenty of time for wooing into the evening.
* Traditionally we've had very few ladies and there is an award for Top Lady. If your gal can shoot even half-way decent, there's a good change you'll leave with a ribbon and a prize.

I'll grant you the 14th wasn't my first choice for dates but when you are the one in charge of the calendar, and don't want the appearance of impropriety to taint opinions - you get left with some goofy dates. I don't think I'll be so generous next year.

I always have some ammo on the prize table but alas it is bring your own. 325 will get you through the day.

It's my Anniversery and v-day so I'll have to see how things are closer to that day. I've really enjoyed the last couple I've attended:)

If not then yall have a great time!

What is a typical run through the day? I have started reading about some of these competitions because I think it would be fun, however I don't know that I'm ready to jump two feet in. The running and shooting, having to draw my gun and the different stages. sounds a little overwhelming to me.

The girlfriend likes to shoot and this could be something fun for her as well! :D

We have a safety brief at 9 and then we break up into 8 squads. Each squad goes to a given stage and all members of the squad shoot that stage. When everyone has a score for that stage, squads rotate to the next stage - rinse and repeat until done.

There's no holster draw, move and shoot or reloads in Rimfire Challenge. This is something of an introduction to competitive shooting. Very low key and friendly. Lunch, raffle and awards/prizes included.

Per my email to you, my daughter and I will be there. Looking forward to it as I missed the last few due to all of my surgeries in the past year. I have my Remington 597 and Beretta U22 NEOS pistol ready to go. Should be some good fun.

What is a typical run through the day? I have started reading about some of these competitions because I think it would be fun, however I don't know that I'm ready to jump two feet in. The running and shooting, having to draw my gun and the different stages. sounds a little overwhelming to me.

The girlfriend likes to shoot and this could be something fun for her as well! :D
They are great fun, and as Kimber mentioned, no running/holster draws etc. Just standing in one place
and listening to the "ping" as bullet hits metal :)

I am going to bring a friend who has only shot once or twice in her life. It will be a great introduction to
competitive shooting for her.

Thank you everyone for the input! Sounds like a great time and had my plans set to attend until I found out I will have to be out of town... How often are these competitions held?

The full schedule for 2015 is:
Feb 14
May 9
July 3
Nov 8

Yes, scopes are fine - although I actually think they are more of a hindrance than a help. The targets are big and close. It can be tricky to find the target with magnification.

Next weekend is our first shoot of 2015. Come ding some steel, eat some chocolates and have about as much fun as you can with your clothes on <3 <3 <3

The full schedule for 2015 is:
Feb 14
May 9
July 3
Nov 8

Yes, scopes are fine - although I actually think they are more of a hindrance than a help. The targets are big and close. It can be tricky to find the target with magnification.

During the week? July 3 rd. What about the poor working folk :D Just seems like a odd day?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top