Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.22 Rimfire Challenge @DRRC Feb 14th

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by Kimber Custom, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Our first Rimfire Challenge of the year is next month. Bring your Valentine out and show some love of hitting steel.

Pre-register by shooting me a PM.

Cost is $5 per gun for club members and $7.50 for non-members. Lunch, raffle, awards and a whole lot of fun.

Open to anything chambered in .22lr. 8 stages (4 pistol & 4 rifle). No move and shoot or holster draws. Just fast & fun steel.

Flyer attached to help get the word out.

Attached Files:

2. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

This sounds like a blast, I wish it wasn't on Valentines day. If I took my wife to a shooting competition on V day I might leave with a couple 22. size holes in my rear end.

nwwoodsman and Joe13 like this.
  3. blackadder

blackadder Everett Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Haha, do they supply the 22lr?

4. Kimber Custom

Now lets explore this Valentines Day issue for a moment -
    * First it's about 'relationship' right? Isn't this an activity to be done together? Who knows? Maybe a great way to get your SO into something you enjoy.
    * Valentines 'Day' is about dinner, movie and a nice evening. We will be done by 5 leaving plenty of time for wooing into the evening.
    * Traditionally we've had very few ladies and there is an award for Top Lady. If your gal can shoot even half-way decent, there's a good change you'll leave with a ribbon and a prize.

I'll grant you the 14th wasn't my first choice for dates but when you are the one in charge of the calendar, and don't want the appearance of impropriety to taint opinions - you get left with some goofy dates. I don't think I'll be so generous next year.

I always have some ammo on the prize table but alas it is bring your own. 325 will get you through the day.

Joe13 likes this.
  5. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It's my Anniversery and v-day so I'll have to see how things are closer to that day. I've really enjoyed the last couple I've attended:)

If not then yall have a great time!

6. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I will be there!

Kimber Custom likes this.
  7. peeweeman3

peeweeman3 salem New Member

What is a typical run through the day? I have started reading about some of these competitions because I think it would be fun, however I don't know that I'm ready to jump two feet in. The running and shooting, having to draw my gun and the different stages. sounds a little overwhelming to me.

The girlfriend likes to shoot and this could be something fun for her as well! :D

8. Kimber Custom

We have a safety brief at 9 and then we break up into 8 squads. Each squad goes to a given stage and all members of the squad shoot that stage. When everyone has a score for that stage, squads rotate to the next stage - rinse and repeat until done.

There's no holster draw, move and shoot or reloads in Rimfire Challenge. This is something of an introduction to competitive shooting. Very low key and friendly. Lunch, raffle and awards/prizes included.

accessbob and Joe13 like this.
  9. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

^^ very good place to start out or just have fun for the day.

10. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Per my email to you, my daughter and I will be there. Looking forward to it as I missed the last few due to all of my surgeries in the past year. I have my Remington 597 and Beretta U22 NEOS pistol ready to go. Should be some good fun.

Kimber Custom likes this.
  11. Kristina

Kristina Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

This sounds like an amazing way to spend Valentine's day, but I have to work. All the fun stuff happens on days that I work.

12. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

They are great fun, and as Kimber mentioned, no running/holster draws etc. Just standing in one place
    and listening to the "ping" as bullet hits metal :)

I am going to bring a friend who has only shot once or twice in her life. It will be a great introduction to
    competitive shooting for her.

Kimber Custom and accessbob like this.
  13. peeweeman3

peeweeman3 salem New Member

Thank you everyone for the input! Sounds like a great time and had my plans set to attend until I found out I will have to be out of town... How often are these competitions held?

14. bzltyr

bzltyr Portland Metro area Active Member

Are scopes,etc allowed to be used? or is it iron sights?

15. Kimber Custom

The full schedule for 2015 is:
    Feb 14
    May 9
    July 3
    Nov 8

Yes, scopes are fine - although I actually think they are more of a hindrance than a help. The targets are big and close. It can be tricky to find the target with magnification.

16. KayDee7

KayDee7 The Origional Vancouver ! ! ! Member

how many rounds are used during the day and how many stages are there?

17. Joe13

5 pistol
    5 rifle
    5 chances at each stage
    11 round limit in mags in the past
    325 normally gets me thru it, but I bring 500 anyway

18. Kimber Custom

Joe's round count is right ~325 but there are only 4 pistol and 4 rifle stages.

Joe13 likes this.
  19. Kimber Custom

Next weekend is our first shoot of 2015. Come ding some steel, eat some chocolates and have about as much fun as you can with your clothes on <3 <3 <3

IronMonster and accessbob like this.
  20. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

During the week? July 3 rd. What about the poor working folk :D Just seems like a odd day?