JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hope this is the correct forum area for my question.

Question: Is there such a thing as a 22 rimfire assault RIFLE on the market?

I have been unable to find one, although it would be technically possible to make a fully automatic 22 rimfire.

I don't actually want one. The local newspaper ran an article in which the person arrested was in possession of a "...22 caliber assault rifle..." The article also mentioned that the person had a 223 Bushmaster, which indicates that the former was referring to a rimfire weapon.

I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance for your info.

I dont really like to call them assualt rifles. But the and is yes and yes. Bushmaster made a matching copy of their carbon 15 .223

Both of which i have for sale. Colt also made a .22 version if I am not mistaken.

put a folding stock with a pistol grip on any .22 that accepts a hi capacity magazine and the government considers a sporting rifle a "assault rifle" a assault rifle is not illegal in most of the country however a full auto .22 machine gun with out the proper licensing or proper paper work would be very illegal .

a full auto .22 would not be a assault rifle, it would be a machine gun

even a ruger 10/22 could be made into a illegal machine gun and i am sure there are others as well.

Perhaps the the reporter is mistaken, many do not know all the facts and just write flash words what will attract the most attention.

I hope this is the correct forum area for my question.

Question: Is there such a thing as a 22 rimfire assault RIFLE on the market?

I have been unable to find one, although it would be technically possible to make a fully automatic 22 rimfire.

I don't actually want one. The local newspaper ran an article in which the person arrested was in possession of a "...22 caliber assault rifle..." The article also mentioned that the person had a 223 Bushmaster, which indicates that the former was referring to a rimfire weapon.

I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance for your info.

Unless he specificly said rimfire I would assume he was talking about the 223 bushmaster which technically shoots a .22 cal projectile.

After some confusion on my part I looked up Assault Rifle in Wikapedia:
"An assault rifle is a selective fire (selectable between semi-auto and fully automatic) rifle (capable of being fired from the shoulder) that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. Assault rifles are the standard infantry weapons in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge."

Examples of assault rifles include the Kalashnikov family, M16 rifle, SA80, G36, FN F2000, and the Steyr AUG.

I guess in 1994 some numbnuts couldn't live with that simple definition so they made up stuff about "pistol grips" "Muzzle brakes " and so forth just to gum up the works.
Correct me if I am wrong, I have been so in the past!

I once heard a new person say during a broadcast "the assailant was using semi-wadcutter hollow point bullets". And people listen to these Bozos like their experts.

I don't think people expect them to be experts, just informed and stating facts. Often neither is true.

Yes its possible. But most people don't have several thousand for a machine gun. Most guns are not true assault riffle unless it can shoot full auto. Its the same debate as magazine vs clip.

Since "assault rifle" has an actual definition the media and the gov't often like to use the word "assault weapon" which can be applied to any object used to assault someone
*clicks open his assault pen*

Since "assault rifle" has an actual definition the media and the gov't often like to use the word "assault weapon" which can be applied to any object used to assault someone
*clicks open his assault pen*

Wait, was that a Tactical assault pen?

As to the OP, there are several companies that make complete uppers for 22lr rimfired ammo. CMMG is probably the go to company for these.

S&W, Colt, Sig, Mossberg, and Noveski, all make AR style rifles chambered for 22lr. These all probably look like "assault rifles" to most people.

I once heard a new person say during a broadcast "the assailant was using semi-wadcutter hollow point bullets". And people listen to these Bozos like their experts.

Uh, Mike...
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSejHPBrM_46t3gQgl52I9v208KrcmzNJdPN6-yDyQt9KiDlxFdM-UwZeXSXw.jpg

Winchester makes 'em too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top