JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey any of you folks in this part of the GREAT USA collect .22 rimfire ammunition? Don't ask why but when I was a lad I had some "spiritual guidance" that told me I should keep one full bot of .22 rimfire that my Dad bought for our rifle team, Here's what I have on display and a 50 caliber ammo box full otherwise. Keep in mind, all these boxes are full:

Mo9YRxIm.jpg
1PORUkCm.jpg
EAdc6Bqm.jpg
bkGYPbbm.jpg
u6aKrumm.jpg

Let's see what you have squirreled away. :)

Hey any of you folks in this part of the GREAT USA collect .22 rimfire ammunition? Don't ask why but when I was a lad I had some "spiritual guidance" that told me I should keep one full bot of .22 rimfire that my Dad bought for our rifle team, Here's what I have on display and a 50 caliber ammo box full otherwise. Keep in mind, all these boxes are full:

View attachment 640350
View attachment 640351
View attachment 640352
View attachment 640353
View attachment 640354

Let's see what you have squirreled away. :)
That super X match takes me back. We used to use that in the high school rifle team competitions.

Bought a Belgian Browning Auto .22 a couple years back, Came in the Browning leather hardcase, WITH the Redfield miniature 4x scope and cantilever mount. I was so happy to have found "the whole works" and in perfect shape.

The icing on the cake was a yellow Texas hardware store receipt for the gun (sold new in the 70's) and a full box of Remington HI-Speed cartridges adorned with the pricing tool stamp (the old behemoth ones with the blue ink) of 89 cents.

The whole package is nothing short of a time capsule.

Some collect empty boxes, some collect full. Everyone collects something.

Always neat to see another's collection.

Cartridge collecting is something I do. Organizing is another thing altogether.

Lumping" at the gun shows when I was a kid (helping a collector haul his guns in or out of the show), I did a helluva lot of work for a guy named Arden Laubach. (out of Great Falls,Mt).

Arden was 83 years old and had his cartridge collection wired by hand by him , each and every one on wooden tiered platforms abour 3 feet long that stacked perfectly in weapons crates he had scored surplus. The collection was meticulously organized and cataloged, and his method of "lacing" the cartridges on the boards allowed him to insert new calibers or variations as they came along into his grasp. Arden took the time to show me how his system worked AND paid me.

If I remember right, there were 5 or 6 crates, with thousands (or tens or thousands?) of calibers and variations.

I wonder where it is now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads