J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems
Simply Triggers
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals

22 revolver for wife

Reactions
Looking at the S&W 317 but a little pricey for the use it will get. Is a Taurus or Charter Arms a possible option? Will use this mostly for target shooting.

Reactions
Taurus and Charter should not be in the same sentence as S & W :cool:

A .22 is a fine first gun and great for target shooting but I hope you have a bigger caliber for her in mind for self defense

Reactions
I stock all three guns, mainly because everyone loves the action on the S&W, however nobody likes the price. I then show the Taurus, everyone likes the price, nobody likes the action. Then I pull out the Charter, nobody likes that it only holds 6 rounds, but the action & price aren't too bad...

Reactions
I had a Taurus 94 .22lr revolver. It had a heavy trigger pull and frankly I didn't think it was that well put together. The trigger pull made it impractical for some shooters. I'd recommend against it.

Reactions
Haha well other than a friend uses a p22 for self defense because his hands just can't handle much more,I wouldn't use a 22lr for a CCW but I do have a 22mag that I pocket once in a while.

Reactions
Yep those model 317's sure are sweet, you know I bet they don't require much more difficulty for S&W to create one of those $329.00 38 Sp than it does to make a $585 mod 317. Someone ought to talk with S&W to see why these guns cost more than the 642, 442, etc...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Oakanogan Gun Show
Oakanogan County Fairgrounds
175 Rodeo Trail, Okanogan, WA 98840, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent service
  • 36 Pit
    3.00 star(s)
    I'm probably just reiterating what others have said, but I like hearing (seeing) myself speak. This gets 3 stars because when the place isn't...
  • Cascade Loan & Sporting Goods
    3.00 star(s)
    I am giving this review because at one time I was a really big customer there. Back in the day, I bought at least a dozen used guns from Cascade...
  • Cabela's - Tualatin
    1.00 star(s)
    Took the day off today to go see my cancer Dr in Potland and stopped by Cabelas on the way back to work. They were open an hour early (9:00) for...
  • Cabela's - Tualatin
    3.00 star(s)
    My review is from a visit I made to Cabela's at the start of May 2020. I was there strictly to shop for a Pietta black powder revolver. Because...
Top Bottom