JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Buckmark and the Mark III are the only guns I have I wouldn't even think of getting rid of unless I had the same to replace it.
Me and a friend astound friends that don't know guns when we shoot them at 100 yards and hit stuff.(other than that just that berm,lol)
The 22a S&W isn't a bad choice either. The Walther seems to be a love/hate gun and the sr22 seems to be great from people i know that have them.
I think the S&W revolvers are then 22s I would buy.The ones I have handled were perfect as far as my old eyes could see.
I kinda like all 22s cause they are just a hoot to shoot,sorry

You could go "CLASSIC"?

Cabela's usually has on or three of these in their used area.

P1030815.JPG

Your choice kinda depends upon your usage, your age, how many others will be shooting it, will it be a part time once in a while carry gun, will you be killing anything with it, etc., etc., etc.

I have a Ruger mark ll & a Sr22.

Looked at the Walther, but bought Ruger.

Sometimes I amaze myself at just how well I shoot both of those guns.:cool:

Consider feel and ease of function for YOU.

Ya' can't go wrong with either of them.
:D:D

Find a gun club in your area that hosts Bullseye shooting, attend, and take note. You will find a few Model 41 Smiths, some high end Hammerlis, High Standards, etc, and the rest will be Buckmarks and Ruger Mark Whatevers.

I have and enjoy a Buckmark, for all the reasons previously stated. And Ruger fans will be just as vocal about their loyalty to that brand. Unless you have an ungodly amount of cash for a 41 type pistol, a Buckmark or Ruger ought to fit the bill.

Beretta 21A, canned, is pretty darn fun to shoot. Doesn't need subs as the bbl is about 1-1/2 long so not enough to speed the round beyond 900 fps.

I have a couple Mk11's as well as a 22/45. I would have zero problems getting a buckmark and should one come along which is a deal, I just may.

If only I could get 500 round value packs for $8 bucks again. :(

I have a Browning Buckmark with one of those URX fingergroove rubber grips and really nice fiber optic target sights. I absolutely love it! I can't think of a single time it hasn't gone bang. One time I took off the grips without having done my homework first and a bunch of parts fell out...don't do that!

I also have a Tactical Solutions conversion upper for my Glock. That is really awesome, too. It is very weird holding my Glock and squeezing my own Glock trigger and then getting almost no recoil. That, too, I've never had a failure.

These days I don't shoot a whole lot of 22, though.

Like a few others have mentioned it really depends on what you are looking for. Many great options have been given. It is really hard to go wrong with either the Buckmark or one of the Rugers.

I had a Buckmark, but sold it once I got into silencers. I had several other hosts and I was not using it. I know I could have ordered a threaded barrel for it. I had a Buckmark rifle for a while too, and it was threaded. It was much louder then any of my other host guns so I sold it and shortly after sold the pistol.

I love my Ruger MKIII SS Hunter. It is a tack driver.
I like that it is all stainless steel
I don't find it hard to disassemble/assemble and the magazine disconnect is easily removed if you so desire. Also hard to beat Ruger's warranty and service if ever needed.

I should add that I did modify my MKIII just a bit :rolleyes:
Sam Lam bushing

Volquartsen Ruger MarkIII Target Sear
Volquartsen Ruger MarkIII Adj. Target Trigger Black

(New the stock trigger was 4.5lbs. After the mods above it is 1.5lb. Short, smooth pull that breaks like glass)
Volquartsen Ruger MarkIII Extended Bolt Release
Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor
SS Grip Screws
Williams fire sights
Frankenruger Cherry custom wood grips ( I installed the Ruger medallions)

14.jpg

Last Edited:
Question;

I'm just getting into '22 shooting, and have a Ruger that looks like a mark ll or lll, but is not labeled as such.

It just says RUGER in big letters, then says 22 cal long rifle, under that it says automatic pistol, both lines in small print

What do I have here?

Question;

I'm just getting into '22 shooting, and have a Ruger that looks like a mark ll or lll, but is not labeled as such.

It just says RUGER in big letters, then says 22 cal long rifle, under that it says automatic pistol, both lines in small print

What do I have here?

Photo?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews