JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am confused by your comment. As I have both the 3.4 and 5" barrels for the Walther. I have not had problems with the Walther falling apart and I shoot it more than my 10 1/2" MkII.

Excellent. You've got one of the rare ones then. :D It's fun to watch them fail at a high round count event like Speed Steel. Rugers, Brownings, and CZ conversions seem to rule those events.

Google

Here's my favorite. SRT integrally suppressed MKIII. You can shoot any high velocity 22lr and it is stupid quiet.
100_2273.jpg
100_2274.jpg

anybody selling a .22 suppressor?

What's your price range? Don't see too many used .22lr suppressors for sale, as you lose a ton of money on it. It's something you'll probably have for life so I say buy new. SWR Spectre's are around $400, YHM Mites are $250ish. None of those prices include the $200 tax stamp. Buy quality the first time, you won't notice the extra $200 you spent a year from buying it, but you wi notice the more expensive can performs better and your stuck with your cheap can. I have a mite and wished I would have gotten a spectre FWIW. Coctailer sells SWR I believe.

It's fun to watch them fail at a high round count event like Speed Steel. Rugers, Brownings, and CZ conversions seem to rule those events.

I was at a shotgun event one day. Lots of action involving moving and flying targets and reloading on the run. There were a couple of guys with Saiga 12 gauges competing. I thought they would post good scores as they had the twenty round mags and would not have to load as often. However all three had failure to feed/eject problems which slowed them significantly.

I did not think it was fun to watch them fail, more like disappointing and frustrating.

Ranb

I was at a shotgun event one day. Lots of action involving moving and flying targets and reloading on the run. There were a couple of guys with Saiga 12 gauges competing. I thought they would post good scores as they had the twenty round mags and would not have to load as often. However all three had failure to feed/eject problems which slowed them significantly.

I did not think it was fun to watch them fail, more like disappointing and frustrating.

Ranb

I should qualify my statement. Some of the most memorable moments at competitions have been:

- A competitor yelled at a 1911 shooter who's pistol was jamming, "You should have got a Glock. Glock's don't jam". His Glock 21 promptly jammed on the second shot.

- A competitor, after being told on the forums that he should probably get a Ruger or Buckmark instead of a P22 due to reliability, replied that the Rugers and the Buckmarks looked like *** and the P22 was much cooler looking. He shot it at Speed Steel. The safety flew off, 1/4th of his trigger pulls would not fire the primer (required a second DA hit) along with numerous jams. "I told you so".

So my humor is more at the hubris than the jamming. I've had those days (a couple of them) where nothing went right. Frustrating, but I usually start having fun with it. Or just quit and take pictures/video.

another thing to consider is elevation. here in the high desert, 4,000ft I get sonic crack with CCI standard occasionally with any barrel much over 5 inches. Even a changing barometric pressure can bring ya over the top. The longest barrel for me with certainty of not going supersonic is 4" generally. My Ruger MK2 is a little quieter than my Buckmark due the Rugers more enclosed action with bolt mostly shrouded.:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top