JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember S3v3n, you can plink with a target pistol but you can't target shoot with a plinker! This is the category of gun that I always bought that shot better than I could! Then I'd catch up with it and move up! In other words, buy a .22 that will help make you a better marksman!
Again, best of luck with this!

I've been lucky to own many well made 22s
Colt Trooper, SW K-22, Ruger Standard, SW 622. Buy the best you can afford, BTW 22s rarely 'wear-out' so there are some good used guns out there

some more ideas: get a 1911 in .45 and a .22 conversion kit from Advantage Arms. Super fun to shoot. Or try a SW 317 revolver. Very light weight, 8 shot, 3 inch barrel - good for 15 yds.

Another +1 for the Ruger MKII or MKIII. I've owned both, great pistols. I've got the MKIII Target right now, fantastic pistol, zero recoil and super accurate, and to date, not a single hiccup using cheap to good ammo.

I've owned the M&P22 and it's a great pistol too (you can see it in my avatar), I would happily buy one again. Haven't tried the SR22 but hear nothing but good things about them. I'd like to have one some day.

This is what I've been trying to decide on for my next ourchase. I think ai decided on a revolver over a semi auto for a .22. Because they can be picking with ammo.

I was looking at one that shoots .22lr and .22mag.

I had a Walter p22, but it was picky with ammo, and to me wasn't gery accurate.

Shooting yesterday at the range. Starting the "Conventional Bullseye Pistol" Winchester marksmanship discipline. To the left, my Walther P22...I'm sayin', "Hmmm...my sights really seem to be off!!". Hubby rolls his eyes. So I dig out my Ruger SR22...Yep, I thought it was my sights...;):rolleyes:

Granted, sights don't have that much to do with the gun itself...I just thought it was funny to compare the two sets. Now, I need to zero in my Walther sights! HAHA!

The SR22 was the gun of choice for probably 5 out of 8 of a recently finished 10 week long Ladies Pistol League. They all seemed to malfunction at times, mostly on hollowpoints or the softer nosed rounds unless they were perfectly clean and lubed nicely. But they are still my favorite .22...

IMG_20151016_173617067.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads