JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd be surprise if anyone geared up for it. 22lr wasn't designed as a semi auto round and the 22mag is longer and doesn't feed reliably. That's why you see 22mag semi autos come and go.The round is too long and too narrow to feed perfect.
Besides there is the 5.7.It's a little faster and about the same energy,but the case design makes it feed better Or the 17s

Well, something I've not seen yet; what about the price of ammo???

$15 / 50 round box so it would be cheaper to go with a 9mm conversion. Get reloads and it's almost half the cost of .22wmr's.

And there are a few good 9mm conventions out there. IronMonster seems to love his 9mm's.

Just a thought...

Is that the purpose? I hadn't seen that in the thread anywhere.
What would you suppose a guy would want a 22wmr upper for? Defense?
We all like to point out different stuff that could be cheaper but sometimes a certain caliber isn't replaced by something that is just cheaper.I never even thought of a 9mm upper cause it has a completely different use than a 22wmr. Now maybe a 17hmr could replace it
Or maybe a 556 upper would be cheaper and the ammo not too much cheaper.
Anyway,someone buy one and give us a range report
I don't even have an AR so it can't be me:rolleyes:

I'd love to have a 22WMR upper. I am a huge fan of the round and have always wanted an AR platform to spit them out of. This might be something I purchase this summer when business picks up.

I guess I'm just not experienced enough to find a reason for it.

I'd take a lever action over the bolt I have but simi-auto never occurred to me as something someone would want. The bolt action has done everything I've needed it too.

If you need a simi-auto varmant gun then I'd like to be on the edge of that field!;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top