Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

22 mag brass to 17 brass.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Rant, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Rant

Rant grand forks bc Member

Its been very hard to find 22 mag cartridges and there seems more 17 hmr out there to be had, And 22 mag prices have gone through the roof from 10 bucks a year ago to 20 buck a pop! I have read that the 22 mags brass are being necked down to the 17 and hell with the 22 mag anymore! and that is true the way I see it.

2. Rant

Rant grand forks bc Member

I see no one wants to talk about this?

3. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Rimfire period. is hard to find...

4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Depends - as yesterday was a holiday and a lot of folks were busy with family. It is also possible people either didn't see your thread (very easy to miss new threads) or simply didn't have an answer. Doesn't necessarily have to mean that "no one wants to talk about it". As for me, I have a .22 mag and enjoy shooting it. Ammo is a bit spendy, but I don't take it out and shoot hundreds of rounds at a time.

5. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Not really, unless you have links to sources so that I can read them myself.

Next time I'd give it at least 24 hours before you bump your thread, and as etrain said - yesterday was a holiday for most of us...

Dyjital and etrain16 like this.
  6. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Maybe PDXgordo can chime in on availability and maybe what he is seeing.

Or, maybe do a search for him and send him a PM?