JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just read pages of Reviews for the P22 and Sig Mosquito. it was about even for everyone saying one worked while the other didn't and vis virsa. Many people said neither and say to go with a colt, browning or Beretta.

Price is another factor in this. Im looking for something cheap and just a weekend plinker.

I just read pages of Reviews for the P22 and Sig Mosquito. it was about even for everyone saying one worked while the other didn't and vis virsa. Many people said neither and say to go with a colt, browning or Beretta.

Price is another factor in this. Im looking for something cheap and just a weekend plinker.

Ruger or a Buckmarks are very safe bets then. Usually can be had for $250 for a basic model.

Any one know of specific named hand guns, preferably not single shot, That use .22 Long rifle?

Sir - going through my copies of G & A and Gun digest I gave up at 473.....

Seeing as how you live over there, and I live here but spend time AND shoot a lot where you are, I'd go looking for a good, used Ruger MkII semi-auto. Bomb-proof and accurate - mine was over thirty years old when it got melted down, and as good as new after being used as a club intro gun for countless noobs.

tac

You can find negative reviews on most every .22 semi-automatic pistol out there. But the Ruger and Browning models are at the top of most everyone's list for a good reason: they are generally always rock-solid, accurate, dependable, and affordable. I personally wouldn't give you a hoot in **** for a P22 or Mosquito or Neos or SP22, but it's tough to top the Ruger Mark series pistols or the Browning Buck Marks, IMO.

You can find negative reviews on most every .22 semi-automatic pistol out there. But the Ruger and Browning models are at the top of most everyone's list for a good reason: they are generally always rock-solid, accurate, dependable, and affordable. I personally wouldn't give you a hoot in **** for a P22 or Mosquito or Neos or SP22, but it's tough to top the Ruger Mark series pistols or the Browning Buck Marks, IMO.

+1

tac

+1 on the Rugers.

I have a Ruger Mark III 512 22/45 model which mimics the feel of a 1911 other than the lack of recoil. The grip angle is the same, and it makes a great alternative to the 1911 when .45 acp is so expensive. I have put almost 1000 rounds through mine with no problems. Also, it is accurate as heck right out of the box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Had several Rugers in the past, all were great guns but didn't ring any bells for me (nothing wrong with them, just me), also had a High Standard and even a Colt Woodsman, none were bad but they just didn't excite me much, all functional and accurate. Bought a Buckmark in '89, it has been a great gun, first .22 handgun that I enjoyed shooting. Why, who knows, it functions and shoots great, no problems with ton's of ammo shot, and it feeds all ammo, from cheap stuff to high quality without a hiccup. Again, it does nothing that the others didn't do but just seemed to fit me better. Enjoy the journey to finding a lifetime gun!:s0155:

I have a ruger MK II with the bull barel and it is really accurate and reliable BUT it is a bit heavy for the young shooters to get through 10 rounds without some muscle fatigue. For just plinking I have 2 of the walther p22's I have had no problems with them so far with over 1k ( thunderbolts and federal bulk) through each. I am looking at the new GSG 1911 style .22 and the new knock off glock. I don't think you can have too many .22s they are just a blast for everyone.

I have a Browning Buckmark, that is super accurate. Did anyone yet mention the 1911 .22 conversion? You can take a 1911 frame and make a dedicated 1911 .22, with a Kimber .22 conversion slide.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top