JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting comparison. (Reminded me of a little Astra 200 in .25 ACP / 6.35㎜ I had many years back. Came across a couple boxes of the ammo the other day.)

The peppering is all the unburnt powder that got blown out that 2" barrel

Most of the velocity of the .22Mag never happened in that barrel.

I carry a Bauer .25ACP (pretty much a Stainless rip off of the Baby Browning as my BUG) But with HP handloads.

Mark W.,

How do you like that Bauer?
I think its based on the Baby Browning, right?

I have carried one for almost 35 years now. its in a Wallet style holster that fits behind my regular wallet (I keep a very thin wallet) I have never had it fail to fire. One time I realized it had been almost a year and a half since it had been out of the Holster. I pulled it out racked the slide and pumped 6 rounds into a fence post fast as I could. reloaded the magazine (I also carry a spare in the same Wallet style holster) and put it back in my pocket. When I got home I ran a swab with some Hoppies #9 on it down the barrel and put it back in the Holster. It functions its tiny (not to many guns you can carry in a pair of cut offs without a tee shirt on the beach)

And I figure if some bad guy is going to try to do me he can work that out after I put 3 into his crotch and the last 3 in his neck. I don't plan on ever shooting anyone from more then about 3 yards with it.

Mark W.,

How do you like that Bauer?
I think its based on the Baby Browning, right?
Many years ago I had a Browning and a Bauer at the same time, as I recall all parts were interchangeable on mine. The only bad I'll say about the Bauer is that I've seen a number of them with the "pearl" grips where the grip had cracked. Replace the grips and all is good.

After watching a 1200 pound steer be dropped by 1 round of 22 magnum, that gets my vote.
If you can lure someone over to the gate with fresh hay, you've got it made.

Along those lines, mpmax, there's this video of a kid knocking down a stag with a .22 LR...

...and then there's the recent Taofledermaus video on the effectiveness of a .22 Short...

So it would seem that the general perception of these low powered cartridges may be a bit underestimated (I'm also now curious about the performance of .25 acp out of a barrel longer than 2").

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads