JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, I'll only mention this because I really like the subject.

First, don't shoot your gun in the city, even if your neighbors don't hear it and you have some shot placement issues, you could hit something important/dangerous like a gas or electrical line. It's just a bad call all around.

Back to the topic. You are not going to get anything that will be quiet and cycle, in fact just about anything fired out of a semi will be louder than a single shot or bolt action. Second, the impact of the bullet can be quite loud, at work we've been messing around with some suppressor designs (type 10 FFL) and found on our indoor range that it's very difficult to judge the effectiveness of a suppressor by ear indoors, so we have to use all kinds of fancy audio equipment, where you can actually see the click of the gun, the ignition of the powder, the bullet leaving the barrel, and the sonic crack (if it makes one) plus the bullet hitting the target. It's pretty interesting to look at.

We started out testing with an AR with a drop in .22LR kit, and yea, it sorta worked, but was still pretty loud over all. I recently threaded up the barrel of a .22 bolt gun, and using the same cans with either CCI standard velocity, or some of the remington subsonic most pellet guns are louder. One of these days we need to actually do a range day and see what they sound like outside, the db suppression is about 10-20db depending on ammo.

Remington Sub-Sonics cycle my 10-22, they arn't quiet though. Quieter than regular 22LR.

If you want a relatively quiet 10-22 then you need a long barrel. I've got a 28" sporter profile on order from Green Mountain that's supposed to near quiet, kinda heavy though.

I installed that barrel and it isn't heavy at all. Rem Subsonics function it. It's as loud as a handclap. You can shoot it indoors without any hearing protection. Outdoors I can shoot a possum at midnight and not disturb the neighbors.

Why not just ask one of the mighty hunters who has a high powered air rifle to to come over and hunt under your house.

I always wanted an underground vehicle to run the mole tunnels with cameras that radio to a pc, allowing me to drive it, find the moles, and shoot them right in the tunnel. I think in about 50 years they will be selling them at walmart.

<broken link removed>

Ahhhh the power of Oxy-Acetelyne. Use to fill balloons with the mixture, put in a paper bag, and run like ****. Till we discovered the ignition power of static electricity. Man I can't believe I survived being a teenager.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top