JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Ridgefield
State
Washington
Hello,

I am looking for a 22 LR for plinking and practice. I have lots of 22 LR to practice with so I want something reliable.

I would eventually like to train the wife and kids using the 22.

Thanks

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Rifle? Pistol? Semi-auto? Magazine fed? Tube fed? Revolver? Bolt action? Single shot. Something you can put a scope on? Etc, etc, etc......

For rifles the Ruger 10/22 is pretty tried and true. Numerous people, including myself, have put thousands of rounds through them. Both with cheap plinking ammo up to more expensive target ammo. They just seem to "work" and keep working.

The old Marlin tube fed's are nice and reliable also.

It's hard to beat the reliability of the bolt actions too. I don't have one but can imagine it would be hard to go wrong with one.

As for 22 pistols..... I'd guess you can't go wrong with a Ruger MKII or MKIII. (I have no experience with a MKIV). The semi-auto pistols can be a little more picky with ammo.

A nice revolver would be a great starter pistol too. Usually they are extremely reliable and rarely have ammo issues.

Just my $0.02. YMMV

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.