JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an Advantage Arms 22lr conversion for the Glock. It works perfectly with the right ammo (Federal Automatch or CCI Mini-Mag). Remington Golden Bullets work ok, but I often get a jam every few mags when using those.

I got the Tactical Solutions TSG-22 last week. Little over $300 at Keith's in Gresham. Instructions call for 40 grain round nose ammo like CCI Blazers, Mini-Mag HV or Federal AutoMatch. They recommend a 500 round break-in. I have been pumping as much as I can through it and hand cycling it a few hundred times. Very firm recoil spring. I was looking for the AA kit but when I saw this one I like the steel slide because it keeps the weight of the gun more consistent. AA kit has aluminum slide. The sights are standard Glock sights. Came with a 15 round magazine but it does hang down about 1/2" below the grip. So far it has failures of all kinds but they are getting less and less. I will do a range report when I get all the bugs worked out. As far as I know they do not make a kit for anything other than the G17/22. They do however make a threaded barrel kit.

Even with all the failures I am enjoying the kit so far. On sale I spent $16 on 500 rounds of ammo. That is 3.2 cents a shot!!! I believe the kit will work itself out and I'll do a range report on my experience. 12 years in the Marine Corps has conditioned me in the art of clearing jams from weapons that could have been retired 12 years before I joined so no worries from me right now.
Mike

I have the AA kit for my G22. I've put over 2000 rds of Rem 40gr Goldens through it with maybe 10-15 FTF/FTEs. It's great for draw, acquire sight, take first shot. No recoil so after that it's not really "practice". Good for what it is and great for new shooters to break in on.

OK, thread spoiler here. :) I just would like to know why one would pay that much for a conversion when you can buy a really nice, even mint, good quality used .22 for that much money?

I have a 1976 Ruger "made in the 200th year of American liberty" with a 6" standard barrel. I bought it mint in the box with all paperwork from a local pawn shop for $325. It came with 3 mags, 2 of them new in their boxes.

I got the conversion unit because I wanted to practice trigger reset on the Glock. I would agree a separate pistol can be another option if you are not specifically wanting to train with Glock handling, trigger manipulation, drawing from defense holster, etc... I now plink with a Ruger 22/45 whiich my wife loves and will never let me get rid of... :)

I got the conversion unit because I wanted to practice trigger reset on the Glock. I would agree a separate pistol can be another option if you are not specifically wanting to train with Glock handling, trigger manipulation, drawing from defense holster, etc... I now plink with a Ruger 22/45 whiich my wife loves and will never let me get rid of... :)

OK, I install a snap cap. (some think you don't need it on a Glock but I think I do.) I pull the slide back about an inch. That resets the trigger but doesn't eject the cap. Then I "fire," and slowly release and reset the trigger. Repeat. I can practice drawing and acquiring sights, releasing slide, etc. without ammo.

??

I do the snap caps in my Glock also but it is not the same as live fire. Granted it is only a .22 but it has a pretty good snap to it. With every shot I have to acquire the target and reset the trigger. I can shoot 500 rounds through my carry gun for cheap. That is a lot of muscle memory and I have found out I don't switch guns (and keep any consistency) very well. My 1911 will not shoot with the safety on no matter how hard I pull the trigger, then when I switch to the Glock if I don't feel the thumb safety it throws me off and switching to the Beretta, the trigger pulls fine but with the decocker still on it will not fire no matter how many trigger pulls I do. None of my .22's even come close to the feel of the Glock. So it boils down to lots and lots of live fire muscle memory with my carry gun for cheap = priceless.
Gunner, If you ever want to give it a try, let me know.
Mike

I do the snap caps in my Glock also but it is not the same as live fire. Granted it is only a .22 but it has a pretty good snap to it. With every shot I have to acquire the target and reset the trigger. I can shoot 500 rounds through my carry gun for cheap. That is a lot of muscle memory and I have found out I don't switch guns (and keep any consistency) very well. My 1911 will not shoot with the safety on no matter how hard I pull the trigger, then when I switch to the Glock if I don't feel the thumb safety it throws me off and switching to the Beretta, the trigger pulls fine but with the decocker still on it will not fire no matter how many trigger pulls I do. None of my .22's even come close to the feel of the Glock. So it boils down to lots and lots of live fire muscle memory with my carry gun for cheap = priceless.
Gunner, If you ever want to give it a try, let me know.
Mike

Thanks Mike, will do.

gunner the whole thing is about shooting my glock, i have 7 .22 pistols, but what i do not have is 500-100 rounds ready for my glock for under $50hell i don't even think with my own cases that i can reload 500 rounds for under $50 bucks, and yes the whole muscle memory is what i am looking forif glock would make a full sized modle in .22lr i would own 8 .22 lr pistols, but as far as i know, they don,t , and this is a close as i can get.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top