JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I have to ask what problems you are having? Dudds, wild rounds, inconsistant loads( hot ones and those that dont seem to leave you weapon) Need to know what the problems are.

I have a Ruger 10/22, Ruger Bearcat 22 and my 17/22 convertion. I only shoot 2 brands, CCI and Winchester wildcats. I dont have any problems with either one of those..

Seeing as how the 22LR upper end speed wise is a plated Stinger traveling at 1640fps is still 400fps slower than the slowest 22Mag and 17HM2 ammo.

I have no idea why they don't make a ballistic tip for the 22LR. You could pull a few tips out of HMR bullets and push them into hollow points. :) Let us know how it works.

If ammunition companies thought it would sell millions I would think they would make it. Maybe you're onto something and could sell the idea to CCI.

Or it could be that 22LR shooters are traditional finicky types who only want rounded solid point or hollow point lead bullets. ;)

Who knows. :)

My guess would be is that .22LR ammo is pretty much a commodity.

How much more are people willing to pay for a different load? Considering the already significantly higher cost of .22WMR you could get away with doing so many more different loads and no see too much in cost variation.

And trust me, I own a .22WMR rifle and sometimes I wish I could get .22WMR ammo at .22LR prices! :)

You can already buy really accurate, extremely expensive .22 lr ammo. Eley, RWS, Aguila (gold eagle) etc. The accuracy comes from the care that they take in the manufacturing process. All of the above are round nose, wax coated, lead bullets. Cost; $40.00--->$80.00 per 500 rds... CCI green tag are a slightly more cost effective ammo.

Military .22 Rimfire...:p Give me a break.:s0114: And FMJ .22 LR for Warthogs..;) I'm surprised the didn't list Elephants and Lions. :D Those South Africaner's have got balls. Either that or they're a couple of days late for April Fool's Day.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews