JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stopped at the local Bi-Mart today for whatever. Walked past sporting
goods and they had an aisle end LOADED with 22LR. (in addition to full
shelves in the regular behind-the-counter location). Rough count was
250,000+ rds of Remington, plus about half as many each of Winchester
and Federal. Close to half a MILLION rounds in one display. Woo-Hoo!!!

For some reason Bi-Mart seemed to lag. Even 6 months ago the local store was pretty
bare--even though Cabelas and online seemed OK. Standing in front of that half a million
rounds made me realize my paltry 20,000 or so is rookie numbers--I need to do my part
to support the industry! Now if they would stock CCI Sub-Sonics for a decent price-----

Last Edited:
Remember way way back when ... when B-Mart had the loss leader sales on Bricks of .22rf ammo ... usually Winchester Wildcat solids, at $7.99 a brick of 500? I one time asked the friendly older lady whom we all knew how much .22rf ammo did they have?

She smiled and answered .... "Would you like a case at the same price?" "Wow" I answered. She then showed me the warehouse section of the big box B-Mart store in Grants Pass Oregon. They had a PALLET of Wildcat! Almost 2 million rounds in cases.

"Those where the times my friend, we thought they would never end" ... My .22 RF guns LOVED Wildcat. Go figure. :)

Last Edited:
I also stopped by my local Bi-Mart yesterday. Same thing, 22 ammo stocked in the aisle. I can remember when I'd pass their gun counter and ask the guy if they had any 22lr in. He would just laugh.

my walmart is always out of 22lr ammo. but that's nothin new. it was like that even before the ammo drought.

always out of the cheaper suprema 00 buck 12ga as well. i may have been responsible for buying them out of 12ga federal bulk packs a time or two :p

LOL.....I did my share of Black Friday shopping at Bi-Mart. And, having a rebate from Federal Ammunition was sweet too. Leaves me to wondering how they'll top that for Christmas?:D

Aloha, Mark

It's good to see prices stabilize again. Having zero 22 LR ammo on the shelf along with 5.56 going for $15/box was a hard few years for many people. In 2013 you couldn't find an AR in any store...now you have to practically give them away. Not a terrible problem.

Lesson I took away from the drought: Be prepared.

1. Have a minimum amount of ammunition you keep at all times (this varies on individual needs)

2. Buy ammunition frequently. I have a price point for each caliber where I keep my eyes open. If I go into a store and the caliber matches the price point I buy at least a box. This helps keep the ammo stock healthy.

3. Shoot Often. Having 20,000 rounds of 22 LR means nothing if you can't hit the target. Know and practice the basics. Shoot as much as you can. If you can't afford to shoot then practice dry-fire, preferably with snap-caps for rim fire arms (safety rules still apply!).

I don't think we'll get to a place where ammunition will disappear. But having a drought like 2012-2013 is possible again. So don't rush out and buy everything, but pick up a box here and there, keep what you need on hand, and keep training.

Safe shooting everyone.

Lot of people seem to be comfortable going to a store that violated the second amendment rights of 18-20 year olds.
And these are most likely the same people who wonder why those who were quick to jump on the 'bandwagon' about these stores 'violating' the 2nd amendment of 18-20 year olds never seem to complain about the Federal law that essentially does the same with handgun sales.
Hey I didn't agree with the stores' doing this either but it wasn't enough to cause me to to join the 'handful' of people who claimed to have stopped shopping at them out of protest for a decision that was poorly thought out, would most likely eventually be forgotten and ultimately rescinded.
I never see anyone one protesting the 21 YOA requirement for handguns.
I happily bought my PCC at my Local Bi-Mart for LESS than anyone else had it because if I didn't someone else would have.
FWIW the LaPine Bi-Mart did NOT participate in the decision.

It is not just 22. All ammo prices have been dropping. Especially 9mm. Stock up now as the pendulum will swing the other way again some day. Like when Oregon passes a huge tax on ammo. It is only a matter of time before this happens. IMHO.

The drought has been over for a while now. I'm just surprised people are actually buying ammo from the stores still...even with shipping I pay half for my ammo that I would pay in a local store. I got 1,000 rounds from my local sportsmans only to go online a week later and see it for half the price so I ordered a couple thousand more rounds. Do all my ammo shopping online now. Even when I see 223/5.56 ammo on sale in stores i can find it cheaper online than the sale price locally.

And these are most likely the same people who wonder why those who were quick to jump on the 'bandwagon' about these stores 'violating' the 2nd amendment of 18-20 year olds never seem to complain about the Federal law that essentially does the same with handgun sales.
Hey I didn't agree with the stores' doing this either but it wasn't enough to cause me to to join the 'handful' of people who claimed to have stopped shopping at them out of protest for a decision that was poorly thought out, would most likely eventually be forgotten and ultimately rescinded.
I never see anyone one protesting the 21 YOA requirement for handguns.
I happily bought my PCC at my Local Bi-Mart for LESS than anyone else had it because if I didn't someone else would have.
FWIW the LaPine Bi-Mart did NOT participate in the decision.
I for one was not old enough to have been at that fight, missed it by almost 10 years. This is a conversation I just had with my son who asked why would I care if some stores created policies to stop selling firearms to anyone under 21. I see it as an infringement on rights and the death by 9,000 small infringements seems to be the goal of those who wish to be our overlords. It worked pretty well to divide and conquer in 1930's Germany.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top