JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
You know, were not supposed to thread bash here on this site BUT perhaps it's time to crack a few rules limitations. I'll get a notice from the mods for this BUT I gotta call BS this time, so

:bsflag:

I'll apologize right now to Joe and those on this great site that may take an offence to that, and I know better and have never done this before, but I'm calling it this time. Again sorry to all, but that's ridiculous.

Ok people. I typically have never sold ammo, but where would I find the fair price for a round? I went to local gunshows and on ammo seek the price is .19 cents per round for .22 LR. What current prices are you comparing to? Things have changed in the last 5 months.

Ok people. I typically have never sold ammo, but where would I find the fair price for a round? I went to local gunshows and on ammo seek the price is .19 cents per round for .22 LR. What current prices are you comparing to? Things have changed in the last 5 months.

IMHO. The "old" price is around 4-6 cents per round, still found at big box lasting for a few minutes. Currently a typical low price on the internet, will last only a few minutes, is 11.29 cents per round.

I suppose a bigger question is how can anyone with good conscience be adamant about 2nd rights, and actively curtail other freedoms, like freedoms of speech and free enterprise? To me it seems hypocritical.

@Liberty, Because one should be able to exercise their first amendment rights also, don't you think? I've pretty much ruined this mans post and made an *** of myself in the process, for that I apologize to him. I've made my opinion known and probably should have kept it to myself, yet I also feel that there is far to much of this that goes unchecked and if I questioned that, I feel it's a valid challenge. Not knowing better's one thing, the opposite, another matter entirely.

@Liberty, Because one should be able to exercise their first amendment rights also, don't you think? I've pretty much ruined this mans post and made an *** of myself in the process, for that I apologize to him. I've made my opinion known and probably should have kept it to myself, yet I also feel that there is far to much of this that goes unchecked and if I questioned that, I feel it's a valid challenge. Not knowing better's one thing, the opposite, another matter entirely.

Actually I think you're the kind of person that makes this a great site and I'd consider it an honor to meet you sometime.
Liberty...

If your going to ask these kind of prices, at least you could kick in and buy a bronze membership.
It's like going to a bar during happy hour and eat up all of the free appetizers, drink for 1/2 price and not leave a tip to the server

If your going to ask these kind of prices, at least you could kick in and buy a bronze membership.
It's like going to a bar during happy hour and eat up all of the free appetizers, drink for 1/2 price and not leave a tip to the server
Joe Link established this web site, established the bylaws and invited Hawkdriver to use the wantads. No strings.
Everyone that posts here agreed to no thread crapping when they became a member.
It may very well be that it's more important to draw people in to discover the rest of the site, through the wantads, than to impose a fee to use it.

Irregardless a wantad is for a business transaction between two people, the buyer and seller, and other parties don't have a right to stick their noses in other people's business. His prices are fair on a per round basis. $299 / 2650 = 11 cents each.

Nudging a newcomer in the right direction is how I see it.
There are plenty of other sites that you can post items for sale without any feedback.
When new posters pop up here riding the gouge wagon and then disappear after a couple of attempted sales, it bothers myself and some of the other members who contribute not only money but a shared camaraderie of goodwill.

@Jbett98. I am now a supporting member.

I followed the rules:
"For Sale Ads (a.k.a. WTS)
All for sale ads are required to have a price listed. If you don't know what it's worth, list what you'll take for it."

What resource (aka price list) would you "nudge" me to for pricing / selling some ammo, and is something that you will be willing to sell your own ammo at to other members here?

I sold over twenty bricks last month for $25.00 each. Even then, I didn't list them on this site. I chose OutdoorsTrader and Armslist.
I still made a profit over what I paid last year for them. One guy buying a couple of bricks told me that I wasn't charging enough.
Thanks for your membership and good luck on your sale.

Here is my Armslist ad

Portland
Ammo / Reloading
For Sale: .22lr Bricks for Sale
This listing has been deactivated by the seller. You will no longer be able to contact the seller.
For Sale: .22lr Bricks for Sale

Price:
$ 25
Seller:
Private Party

Listings by this user

Listed On:
Saturday, March 02, 2013
Listed In:
Ammo / Reloading

Flag |
Edit | Favorite
I have (25) bricks of American Eagle .22 long rifle 38 gr. copper plated hollow point for sale.
$25.00 cash each.
Call REDACTED Gresham area.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.