JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought some stopped in 308 Fusion ammo at Al's Gun Shop in Verboort today. They're good people there, friendly, courteous, and I've always found their prices fair. Also found myself nex to the Woodburn Wally World this evening. I'm never one to pass up the chance at 9mm Winnie White Box, but haven't seen it in years.
So there I am at the ammo case. The employees aren't very helpful, which is odd because the older gentleman who works the area is usually so.
Turns out, a case of 22 LR ammo had come in, and the younger employee was buying the entire case of it from the older gentleman. That's 4000 rounds.
I haven't seen any 22 on the shelf except a box or two of 100ct at Bi-Mart, in > 2 years.
I know Walmart doesn't treat their employees well, but to me what they were doing was just plain wrong. Buy what you need, leave the rest. There are plenty of others who would love to shoot 22 and whose employers don't treat them well either.

I bought a Marlin 795 at BiMart last month and they also gave me a 525 box of Remington to buy with it for $19.99. This Friday night 19:30 hours at Walmart I asked if the ammo shipment has arrived and he was nice enough to go look. He brought out a shopping cart full of boxes and asked that I was looking for. 22LR of course and he sold me three 100 round boxes of CCI Mini-Mags for $20.19.

I bought some stopped in 308 Fusion ammo at Al's Gun Shop in Verboort today. They're good people there, friendly, courteous, and I've always found their prices fair. Also found myself nex to the Woodburn Wally World this evening. I'm never one to pass up the chance at 9mm Winnie White Box, but haven't seen it in years.
So there I am at the ammo case. The employees aren't very helpful, which is odd because the older gentleman who works the area is usually so.
Turns out, a case of 22 LR ammo had come in, and the younger employee was buying the entire case of it from the older gentleman. That's 4000 rounds.
I haven't seen any 22 on the shelf except a box or two of 100ct at Bi-Mart, in > 2 years.
I know Walmart doesn't treat their employees well, but to me what they were doing was just plain wrong. Buy what you need, leave the rest. There are plenty of others who would love to shoot 22 and whose employers don't treat them well either.

Do they still have a limit posted per person? If so, I would have asked to see the manager and ask if it's normal procedure to sell an entire case of a limited stock item to an employee. If he did nothing about it, I'd ask for the regional manager, and keep going up from there. In retail, once you get above store level, you tend to get results because the regional folks don't want to deal with you, so they'll tell the store folks to take care of it to get you out of their hair. I worked at Freddie's for 5 years and learned from customer after customer that you get results that way. Now I use it if I get treatment I'm not happy with. Usually works pretty well. It's surprising they were so bold as to do that right there where people could see them.

I'd still bring it up in a letter, starting with the store manager, if I were you. Be polite, but be sure they know you're not pleased. See what they do.

Yeah, I thought they still had a .22 limit?

Seriously, I just dont bother. However Ive had great luck waltzing in and finding some.
That would erk me.. Im quite sure employees have deals on the side or with those .22 scalpers.. :mad:

Lucked into 500 count box of remington 22 lr yesterday morning it has been almost 2 years to find / luck into that. Thanks Sportsmans.

Contact the store manager directly with the employee names and the time of the incident. They have cameras they can check to see if it is a legit complaint. WM has a strict policy against employee favoritism. If the store manager does not respond, go to regional manager and on up. It will be taken care of at some level. :mad:

Right then and there in the store, I thought about talking to them directly because it did irritate me. However, I chose not to and to not bring it to a manager. While I saw him pull out one of the boxes (1000 count) and ring it up, things may not always be what they seem. So I chose to let their karma be and not inject my own crap into it.
(that didn't stop me from b1tch1n' about it here...)

Just a heads up, I bought a case of 9mm Winchester white box at the Portland Collectors West gun show abt 3 months ago.

I stopped by the Sportsman's on 82nd yesterday since I was in the area. I don't get by there often. They were pretty well stocked with a variety of ammo, even better than the last time I was there. 9mm was good, but choices were a little limited. .40 was in abundance. .45 was also well stocked. But not a single round of .22 in sight. I didn't have high hopes for it, as it wasn't a shipment day, but hearing some folks say they're seeing it more often made me curious. Oh well, I picked up some more 9mm plinking ammo, so not a lost trip.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top