JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's the average cost for a .22 cal? How about a 10/22? I just went ot my gun locker and found out I do not have a .22 :eek::eek::eek: I had an old Monkey Wards .22 but I gave it to my dad for my nephew. With the cost of ammo, a .22 might be nice to have;);)

Check out the Sunday Paper advertising inserts. All of the big sporting stores and "marts" with sports departments have special prices on featured .22's. I noticed BiMart has the stainless/synthetic stock 10-22 model for $199.00! Probly sold out by now, though...................elsullo :(

Ruger 10/22's are nice little plinkers but for "fun factor" I'd have to go with the GSG-5 :s0155:

But you could get TWO 10/22's for the price of the GSG-5 though... :D

Ammo is also starting to creep upward, and some powder and bullets are
gone or back ordered around here. Sent the wife over to BiMart on Sat.
to pick up a couple of promotional Federal .22s that was listed on for sale
I think around $15 each. They were sold out the day before at the Grants
Pass store. Seem like they forgot to set a limit:confused: and it was gone!
Also I have heard tell that the Greek CMP 30-06 will be gone in 18 months
or sooner rather than YEAR:s0092:S of supply stated a while back:huh: Really
glad I bought the 10/22s that I wanted ( standard, target, and sporter)
years ago. Seems like a case of 22s could be had for the price of a couple
of bricks. Still looking at gun control being ammo control when the big fire
arms control comes into being.

I have a p22, have shot many 10/22's and just sold my GSG, If anything go with a 10/22 I am looking to pick one up soon. The GSG IMO is not as fun as the 10/22 since the 10/22 has 30 rd compared to only 22 rd magazines. the GSG looks cooler but for the price I would rather have a 10/22 and a walther p22(crap i bought my p22 with a suppressor for less than my gsg5)

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a 10/22 for 170 and liked it as much as the other two I've owned... Then I spent 130 at Cabelas on a Hogue stock and butler creek varmint barrel... Next I bought a hammer and sear kit (40 bucks) and brought the trigger pull from 7.5 lbs down to 2.5 in 15 minutes... I also added an extended magazine release and bolt catch (25 more dollars). Now I have a rifle that shoots sub half inch TEN shot groups at 50 yards on a regular basis! Next time i get to the range I'll take pics of my shooting... that may be awhile since i'm working 4 weeks on 1 day off until sometime next year! Gotta get those planes flying!:s0155:

Oh... Walmart has federal automatch 325 count for about 14 bucks... the stuff is amazing... Also, +1 more for the S&W 22A pistol... Mine is nearly as accurate on the pistol range (1/2" 5 shot groups ) as my 10/22 at 50 yards but the 22A is bone stock. My only regret is having only one clip.

i have a 10/22 ruger that i bought just because it is so cheap to shoot,although the ammo i use more often then not is the cci mini-mags,costs a little more but much more accurate and cleaner burning!!:) and this ammo has never jammed on me where i have had jams with the lead nose stuff,the cci bullets are copper or brass plated

What's the average cost for a .22 cal? How about a 10/22?
The initial cost will only get you started. I just bought a stainless 10/22 at Bimart a week ago because they were on sale for $199. A couple of days later I had about $900 into it, not including the suppressor :nuts: Unfortunately, I am still not done spending money on this darn thing. .22lr's are just too much fun to shoot. I also have a suppressed digital camo P22 which is alot of fun so this new tactical .22 rifle should be at least as fun.

Got any pics of your tacticool 10/22?? I'd be interested in seeing where you dropped the $900 on it. :s0155:
None of the parts have arrived yet so I can't take any pictures. I will post some when I get it built. Here is a rough breakdown:
Rifle, RB Precision stock, Tactical CAR buttstock, Red dot scope, extra rails, foregrip, bipod, lots of Volquartsen parts, etc, etc. Check out this link: <broken link removed> , go down to the "customers evo's" toward the bottom of the page. Mine will look similar to "Jeremy T's" except that mine will have the stainless barrel, some red parts (trigger, bolt, etc.), and a Gemtech suppressor.

I have two 10/22's: one with a scope and another with Tech Sights. I was thinking of picking up another 10/22 and putting a suppressor on it. What barrel are you using for your suppressed 10/22? What is the length of the barrel without the suppressor?

I was thinking of getting the suppressed Ruger 22/45 Mark III, Bull barrel from Beavercreek Armory and having them thread the factory 10/22 blued barrel. That way I can use the same suppressor for either gun. Opinions?

None of the parts have arrived yet so I can't take any pictures. I will post some when I get it built. Here is a rough breakdown:
Rifle, RB Precision stock, Tactical CAR buttstock, Red dot scope, extra rails, foregrip, bipod, lots of Volquartsen parts, etc, etc. Check out this link: <broken link removed> , go down to the "customers evo's" toward the bottom of the page. Mine will look similar to "Jeremy T's" except that mine will have the stainless barrel, some red parts (trigger, bolt, etc.), and a Gemtech suppressor.

VERY cool... but you can hardly call that a 10/22 anymore! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads