JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the old US Army kits that use both the Black Dog mags and the old 10 rd steel inserts that go in GI 5.56 mags.. never had a problem with them

Olympic Arms and a few others copy these kits today

I bought the spikes upper long before they had all the low price complete rifles they do now. Kinda lame because I paid $600 for just the upper and I seen a complete colt for $400 in the Big 5 ad a week ago. Anyways it uses the black dog mags and works like a champ. Iv put probabily 4000 rounds of the fedral vaule packs through it and havent really had any problems with it. It gets real dirty and keeps on going.

I bought the spikes upper long before they had all the low price complete rifles they do now. Kinda lame because I paid $600 for just the upper and I seen a complete colt for $400 in the Big 5 ad a week ago. Anyways it uses the black dog mags and works like a champ. Iv put probabily 4000 rounds of the fedral vaule packs through it and havent really had any problems with it. It gets real dirty and keeps on going.

The Colts at big five are actually made by Umarex for Colt and are hard to adjust to different ammo. You are way ahead with the dedicated upper along with being able to slap a different caliber on it anytime, the big 5 Colts are only .22.

I picked up a ciener off the board a couple of days ago w 2 black dog mags and a black dog drum
LOVE IT
Took it to browns camp yesterday and put at least 1500 rounds (3 packs) of ammo through it
a few malfunctions but overall great

I have an older ciener kit that works pretty good. That said, I would rather have a CMMG if I was buying new. Also, don't expect super great accuracy out of a 223 barrel. I would get about 3" at 50 and all I can say about 100 was that most of my shots were on the paper. CMMG also makes a pretty cool dedicated 22lr barrel if you wanted to run just the 22lr in an upper (which is what I am planning on doing). A 22LR kit in an AR is a ton of fun. It just sucks having to reload the mags all the time.

you can buy that whole upper with two mags at the gunshow for i think 275 it was now i want to try a carrier kit though just to keep the wight down from carrying two uppers with me when i go out and shoot

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top