JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My nephew is looking for a pistol to practice with. He wants a .22 but, eventually he will be in law enforcement and is giving thought to buying a Glock and a .22 conversion kit.

Anyone have any experience with .22 conversion kits for Glocks? Prices? Problems?

He has turned to me for help and I'm a fish out of water when it comes to Glocks so I'm looking for some advice.

Thanks

I have an Advantage Arms conversion for the G23. It's extremely accurate and functions with everything I've fed it. Fit, finish and sights are excellent. Takes about five seconds to change over. Thumbs up.

I posted on the other thread but I'll do it again because I like my kit. I have the Tactical Solutions Kit TSG-22. Paid $309 at Keith's and I saw them at Sportsman Warehouse for $339. It has a steel slide so the weight compares closer to the Glock slide. Comes with stock Glock sights and you can get a 15 or 10 round mag with it. Works great for speed steel but has had a few Failure to Fire (light primer strikes) and so do MANY of the other .22's out there. In fact one very COLD day it had less than ALL the other .22's out there. Using the cheaper ammo results in poor performance so I stick with CCI and Blazer.
The biggest PRO for me is any and all trigger/draw time I get with it results in muscle memory for my carry weapon and fits in my holster. No other .22 can do all that.
Also the 40-9 conversion barrel allows me to shoot 9mm out of the .40 Glock 22.
If you make it down this way, let me know, you and your Nephew are welcome to try it out.
Good luck,
Mike

The kit was originally designed for the Gen 3 Glocks and I have the Gen 4. The kit did have issues at first with the Gen 4 frame and I did have to send it into the company. The customer service has been outstanding at taking care of and standing behind their product.

Last Edited:
I have the Advantage Arms kit for my Glock 21. I really like the kit. I Have had a chance to use it quite a bit and have had NO issues with it whatsoever. I actually sold all of my other .22 pistols because I prefer the feel of my Glock and it does not get much easier to change over to the conversion. Just slide the top end off, replace it with the conversion and the mag and you are shooting. Accuracy is fairly good, not what you would get with a Buckmark or Ruger Mark series(really hate the rugers) but they are fun to shoot and cheap. BTW they are accurate enough that at 20-30 yards I was able to kill a few sage rats with it and open sites. I did not try out any further but they do the job!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top