JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Tac is an aluminum can, meaning you can't use nasty things on it to clean all the lead off. Go for a stainless can. The Spectre definitely appears to be the best can for lifetime-investment. I have a YHM stainless Mite on order, not the best can, but it's what I can afford right now. The spectre will run you in the $450ish range (+200 tax stamp and $50 dealer fee, and other costs), the YHM about half that.

I just ordered a SS YHM Mite due to cost savings as well. I also called YHM and they told me that the SS Mite will work on 17 HMR and 17 Mach 2 as well so double plus for me!

The absolute best barrel threader in the country is in Hillsboro, and runs Tornado Technologies.

He's got a bit of a wait, but you'll get absolutely no better (less time than waiting on the ATF anyway...). Most machine places don't have the proper tools to ensure the threading is concentric to the bore, and instead just make it concentric to the outer edge of the barrel, or to the receiver, both of which can result in baffle strikes. This is especially important with .22 cans.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top