JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is new mfg with very dark lead. Possibly coating. I've used tbolt many times previous. Never this feeding problem. Of course tactical mistake to use unconfirmed ammo in match.

They must have changed something in the way they make it then. Hopefully you did not buy a large amount?

I have a number of different brands/etc. of bulk 22 rimfire ammo. I figure what has problems in one gun will probably shoot fine in another. E.G. I have some cheapo "Junior" ammo - I think it is ruskie - with I think steel cases, that works fine in some rifles, but not in my S&W Kit Gun (hard extraction - not surprising).

Since I have more 22 rimfire guns than anything else, I can always shoot the ammo in one of my other guns.

Bulk ammo isn't the best but it is cheap. I have had boxes of what ever brand of bulk ammo be great then the next box be so so or worst. You get what you pay for!

Bulk ammo isn't the best but it is cheap. I have had boxes of what ever brand of bulk ammo be great then the next box be so so or worst. You get what you pay for!

Yeah - I am stocked fairly deep now - not going to let them catch me short again. Rimfire is just too fun to shoot to be worried about running out, not to mention very useful.

Now I am just shopping for the most accurate HP hunting ammo I can find and stock up on that.

I haven't had much luck with Thunderbolt's either... even out of a single shot rifle , I've had many fail to fire with the first attempt.
( I understand that some .22 firearms are "picky" , but this has happened with many single shot .22's that I have owned )
Andy

Many people are of the misconception that this ammo is named "Thunderbolt" because it's manufacturer wants folks to think it's powerful....
Nothing could further than the truth
.... it's because they know you'd need to be struck in the head by a bolt of lightning to ever want to buy it a second time.:eek:

I won't use Thunderbolt. In my experience, even if it feeds OK, it is filthy. Using this ammo in my Ruger 22/45 broke me of the cheap Thunderbolt habit in short order. Nothing worse than having to clean a weapon that doesn't break down easily after every visit to the range.

Thunderbolts are junk.

that was one of the continually amazing virtues of the 10/22, it seemed to eat anything....then I actually swabbed out the crusty chamber/bolt area a couple months back....

I've had amazing reliability with almost anything 22LR in this particular 10/22...although it does favor certain flavors.

And with this single box of Tbolts I can feed most anything else I got, just amazed to let myself get caught short on the firing line...one of those "yes, I ~DID~ know better"....{sound of one hand smacking forehead again}..............

CCI plated has always worked too. Haven't seen that lately. And stumbled across a 5k case of Blazers recently but passed on it.....hmmm....

Shoot long enough, enough brands, and you'll eventually find a bad batch in any of them, including the beloved Mini Mags.

Aside from more than a few FTF and fizzle fires with Winchester (for which they refunded me for all 6 bricks), most brands of .22 ammo go pop when I shoot them.

Remington, however, tends to gum up my semi-auto pistols and rifles faster than any other brand I recall, failing to feed reliably after awhile. And I'm not alone. I gave a brick to one of my boys for his 10/22 a few years ago and he gave it back, asking if he could have some of my Federal instead.

Why I oughta...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads