JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2012-04-16_22-22-31_229.jpg

I hate being that guy, but all birds with the exception of Starlings, House Sparrows and Rock Pidgeons are protected by state and or federal law on Oregon. I am sure we've all killed our share bird with bb guns when we were kids, so this is more FYI then anything.
I am also a fan of the .22-250 for its speed and range and because of that i would never fire it up at an angle into a tree. That robin is not going to stop the bullet. Be sure of you backstop for miles around.

Now enough being Debbie Downer, that is a great looking gun and I hope you enjoy it. Also how did the robin taste?

I was out near Clatskanie on Monday birdwatching. Admiring what I believed was one of the first Robins of the spring, way up in a maple tree, he suddenly detonated. My day was on its way to being ruined, and the ruin became complete when I went to drive away, and discovered a .224 diameter hole in one of my tires.

Just making light of your shot and Diesel Scout's valid concerns (he was "that guy" pretty darned politely).

Oh, the stories I could tell about being on the Rifle Team in high school, and we actually being hired by the local holly farmer to keep the Robins and Starlings out of his holly prior to the Christmas season. (Poopy holly doesn't make good wreaths.)

During that time of year, the flocks would literally blot out the sun as they gathered in the evening to swoop in and roost in the holly orchards. (Predators don't like climbing holly trees). The noise of their calls (tens of thousands in unison) would make it hard to hear a buddy talking to you right at your shoulder. No source of money for ammunition was sufficient: we worked in gas stations. we collected pop bottles. we mowed lawns. We ran traplines. Still we couldn't get enough ammunition to keep our high-school target rifles fed.

You will note that I have not here admitted to shooting even ONE Robin out of the top of a maple tree. Nosirree.

I hate being that guy, but all birds with the exception of Starlings, House Sparrows and Rock Pidgeons are protected by state and or federal law on Oregon. I am sure we've all killed our share bird with bb guns when we were kids, so this is more FYI then anything.
I am also a fan of the .22-250 for its speed and range and because of that i would never fire it up at an angle into a tree. That robin is not going to stop the bullet. Be sure of you backstop for miles around.

Now enough being Debbie Downer, that is a great looking gun and I hope you enjoy it. Also how did the robin taste?
yeah....gotta watch the sky shootin...what goes up.....must come down.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top