JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Discussion topic. Pro's/Cons and thoughts?

Para style folding stock FAL, 18.5" barrel capable of mounting a supressor and chambered in 6.8X51 SIG. Composite stock with M-Lock or equivalent capability. Fluted 1:7" twist barrel to decrease weight.

That sounds cool . But I'd personally be more interested in a 7.62x39 FAL pattern rifle, carbine, pistol/SBR.

The new " military " cartridges rarely ever land in civilian hands under $1 a round.

.300AAC , .300blk , 6.5 Grendel, .458socom , .50beowulf(sp?) , 5.7fn

All these and more have been successful to a degree. Maybe one more new and improved military general purpose cartridge will finally stick.

I'll stick to 7.62 NATO. As for barrel and suppressors, you can put a suppressor on a FAL as is. You'd need a new gas plug, as FALs tend to beat themselves to death with the standard gas plug.

I'll stick to 7.62 NATO. As for barrel and suppressors, you can put a suppressor on a FAL as is. You'd need a new gas plug, as FALs tend to beat themselves to death with the standard gas plug.
I am most familiar with the C1A1 which has a bunch of features not on most FAL's. Do you mean the adjustable gas plug?

My goal was a modern version of an FAL but lighter, shorter, more accurate, 500m+ capable
Well, the FAL can only get so accurate. Its not a design meant for precision, so much as just hitting critters on two legs. A lot would be able to pull of 500-600m, some can't, and some could probably pull off a bit longer. Its also not a design that's easy to make lightweight.

I am most familiar with the C1A1 which has a bunch of features not on most FAL's. Do you mean the adjustable one?
No, all FAL gas blocks are adjustable. The gas plug is what keeps the piston inside. Something like this is what I mean. https://www.dsarms.com/p-17212-dsa-fal-sa58-metric-pattern-suppressor-ready-adjustable-gas-plug.aspx

The round is looking to becoming a good round and Sig plans on introducing other rounds. Back to the FAL rifle in the.277 Fury aka 6.8x51mm

Why? The FAL is a really heavy rifle. The impulse from the rifle is atrocious. Reason why it's not worth it? Recoil… follow up shots… stock is too low compared to where the sights are… charging handle… too long of a rifle for modern combat… no rail for optic… also the fact that they are either metric or standard in the magazines.

Will the FAL handle an 80,000psi cartridge?

Keep in mind you MUST shoot bonded or mono bullets with the 277 Sig Fury. There will not be any cheap milsurp or similar ammo for it.
All it would need is for the barrel to be swapped out but still… it's a FAL… rather have IWI make a Tavor version… get the Scar17s in 6.8… KAC25 or if you want cheap then just go with the Sig 716I in the round

All it would need is for the barrel to be swapped out but still… it's a FAL… rather have IWI make a Tavor version… get the Scar17s in 6.8… KAC25 or if you want cheap then just go with the Sig 716I in the round
I know, that's not the question.

How many FALs will blow up chambered in 277 Sig? That's the question.

7.62x51 NATO - 60,000psi
277 Sig - 80,000psi

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews