JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DUDE! That guy's a freakin ninja :s0140:

We did the 20 foot gun vs. knife in an academy class. My instructor is 6'2" and fast, I am fat and slow. He had the knife, I had the gun (fake Glock). I still managed to put three in his chest by the time he got to me.
I think this guy and the SKS back up gun guy need to hook up :s0155:

Doesn't really count guy. You knew the attack was coming, you were at gun school, etc etc.

21ft rule is kind of a atiquated rule. You get a athletic guy and a training blade and you're going to have a bad tie at best if it wasn't in the context of on 3 I'm coming for you.

Point is the anticipation to shoot while in gun class is going to be higher than when your walking to your car with groceries. Besides what guy is going to pull a knife in a bar fight or in parking lot to rob you 21ft away? It's going to be just out of or in two arms reach.

great stuff....id love for someone to jump out from behind a tree with a blade next time I'm on my late night jog through the park. I could pull my ankle piece and still have plenty of time to empty it into his chest

First there is no such thing as a 21 foot "rule"

It was a drill by Sergeant Dennis Tueller, of the Salt Lake City, Utah Police Department to show how fast an attacker with a knife could cover 21 feet.
He determined that it could be done in 1.5 seconds.

Not enough time for the average person to get a shot off, and that's if you know it's coming.

The only "rule" is at that distance you will get cut.

This knife expert shows his expertise by running and screaming at some guy with a gun while waving a knife?

Only an amateur would get close before he tried to stab someone.

First there is no such thing as a 21 foot "rule"

It was a drill by Sergeant Dennis Tueller, of the Salt Lake City, Utah Police Department to show how fast an attacker with a knife could cover 21 feet.
He determined that it could be done in 1.5 seconds.

Not enough time for the average person to get a shot off, and that's if you know it's coming.

The only "rule" is at that distance you will get cut.

Wow funny how whatever I post you have to say something to be little it. It's know as the 21ft rule. Personally it's bs and not one of my rules.

But thanks for the history lesson I'm sure no one knew it's origins. LOL

D.B.A.C

Wow funny how whatever I post you have to say something to be little it. It's know as the 21ft rule. Personally it's bs and not one of my rules.

But thanks for the history lesson I'm sure no one knew it's origins. LOL

D.B.A.C

i'm not up on whatever bad blood is between you two, but what makes you think wichaka's post had anything to do with you?

I really didn't see your post til after I posted. I was giving folks a bit of an insight to something that has been taken out of context for many years.

Look at the first post, it was referred to as a 'rule' there, and a few other posts as well.

Tueller, who works for Glock doing some of their armorer classes, has never called it a 'rule', and gets pretty disgusted when folks take it as gospel.

It was an exercise back in the 80's on how far away a person can be with a knife , run and attack, and the victim get at least one shot off, nothing more. He never detailed if it was accurate shot etc., just the distance needed to get one shot off.

We all know pistol bullets blow, so I would never bet on a 1 shot stop. From the tests that I've been involved in, using LE type holsters, its more on the order of 35+ feet. With average being out closer to 45 feet. But again, one knows its coming.

Even with a concealed rig, and you don't know its coming, chances are you're still going to get cut.

I encourage everyone to talk with Tueller, its his drill and he can give much better insight than I can.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top