JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Hmm, any chance wads can be reused? Shotgunners always seem to leave those in the forests with the hulls too. :cool:
Yes and no, that the wads can be reused. I've watched a number of shotshell reloaders over the years try to reuse wads to varying degree. I've seen guys go out at the end of a days shooting and pick through piles of wads and reuse them. Of course these were not AAA 27 yard shooters. Just guys trying to save a buck. A wad is made to be the cushion for recoil, the spacer so to speak for correct fill height, powder seal in the case, protector of shot against barrel and to a degree, pattern control. A wonderful invention compared to the old fiber wads.
It is a shame that all that plastic can't somehow be reused. But if you know enough about the petroleum business, you know why most plastics don't get recycled.

It is a shame that all that plastic can't somehow be reused. But if you know enough about the petroleum business, you know why most plastics don't get recycled.

I guess I don't, and I don't.

Sunday morning rant...

It's ridiculous the amount of plastic we throw away. I'm one to reuse stuff and not generate more waste if I can help it. We use most paper products sparingly. I/we reuse dinner napkins. Put one/two off to the side and use one to sop grease from a frypan before putting in the dishwasher. I was raised by depression era parents, so.... Plastic bags and plastic containers make up a huge amount of our garbage. Plastic is a solid. Make blocks out of it and use it for building something? I have a buddy I've known since we were nine. He got into the plastics fab business a couple years out of high school. He's still doing it but soon to retire probably. He knows all that chemical make up stuff, and why we're not doing bubblegum with plastic waste. It pisses me off to see billions of dollars spent on going to MARS, or where ever, while we fill "Landfills" with plastic that never goes away. o_O WTH?

m

Mikej
I agree with your rant. The petroleum industry are the ones responsible for the little triangles/numbers on everything plastic. They made us think everything tagged is recyclable. When in reality they knew only milk jugs are. Even after all this time, it's still cheaper to make new plastic then recycle old. We're programed to think autos are the main oil users. What about all the plastics being made out of it? The plastic bags everyone returns to the store to be recycles. Not. Being a notorious dumpster snooper, I find them full of "recycled grocery bags" behind the local food store. It isn't the recycle bin either. It's the "garbage" bin!
From what I've read, when plastic is recycled, it comes back as a darker color. So maybe some of those black Remington field shells are your yesterdays milk jugs?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads