JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Thanks brother just did it.

Screenshot_20210304-213404_Samsung Internet.jpg

5K Winchester lots available...not sure for how long. Just ordered some for my father in law.
woke up saw your post, product in stock so I decided to take a shower and order from my lap top downstairs. By the time showered and got downstairs, product was out of stock. My advice don't hesitate for a second.

I have a bunch of Fiocchi shells is this the right primer for those?

I would assume 209 primers are interchangeable but I haven't got past using pre-primed shells in my shotgun reloading to say for sure, though I'd be shocked if they can't be interchanged. EDIT: I'm shocked. LOL.

Last Edited:
I have a bunch of Fiocchi shells is this the right primer for those?

Good question it turns out, if the internet is right. ;-) Most of the comments say that Fiochi's primer hole is just a bit big for Cheddite primers.

I have used Cheddite Primers as a direct replacement for standard 209 primers for over 20 years with no problems, except when we sold Fiocchi ammunition.
The outside diameter of the Fiocchi primer is a bit larger than the standard 209 primer and the Cheddite (or standard 209) primer will sometimes blow out of the base of the hull. This could be quite problomatic in a semi auto.

EDIT: Fiochi primer hole too big for any standard primer: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?138154-Problem-between-Fiocchi-hulls-and-Win-primers

Nevermind - fiocchi primers .2430 - winchester primers .2415

Pretty much answers my question.

Wow, who would have thought that even shotshells would be affected the way they have been. If I remember right, it seems that even in the worst of times in previous ammo scares, you could always find shotgun loading gear, or a few boxes of 12 gauge target ammo at Walmart.

Wow, who would have thought that even shotshells would be affected the way they have been. If I remember right, it seems that even in the worst of times in previous ammo scares, you could always find shotgun loading gear, or a few boxes of 12 gauge target ammo at Walmart.

I think the 700 primed hulls, 5lbs of powder, and the $24 roll crimper I bought last summer were a great investment at this point. That's giving me interesting things to experiment with now that I've had to put my remaining SPPs and SRPs in a safe-deposit box due their extreme value.

EDIT: shooting off 20 shotshells has a joy exchange rate equivalence to about 50 .223s, 100 pistol, or 200 .22LRs -- at least for me.

As much as id like to have 5k of 209s that something between $10-30,000 in projectiles in my 37mm launcher! Yikes!

But I'll never pass up a deal on them anyways!

Not true. Shortages during the early 2010's, 209 primers were scares. It's when the imports became the new normal. But prices never got this outrages!
Even thou measured sized differ of the different brands, they will all interchange. Some may be just a little tighter or looser then others.
And this time shortages are bad all around. Centerfire reloaders bought the 209's for trading material because they couldn't get rifle or pistol primers.
And shotshell reloaders have "hoarders" too.
Pistol and shotguns powders cross over in use. Guess what else is in short supply? Even plastic wads are "out of stock."

Primer sizes2.jpg

Not true. Shortages during the early 2010's, 209 primers were scares. It's when the imports became the new normal. But prices never got this outrages!
Even thou measured sized differ of the different brands, they will all interchange. Some may be just a little tighter or looser then others.
And this time shortages are bad all around. Centerfire reloaders bought the 209's for trading material because they couldn't get rifle or pistol primers.
And shotshell reloaders have "hoarders" too.
Pistol and shotguns powders cross over in use. Guess what else is in short supply? Even plastic wads are "out of stock."

View attachment 838331
Well I have a ton of wads, hulls, and other shotgun goodies I will be posting soon. Came with a reloading setup I bought.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top