JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
203 days later and we can finally add Oregon to the list of 32 states that we can legally carry concealed in. I was going to rip on the Sheriff's Department for taking so long, but the Sergeant included a note apologizing for the delay due to the record number of applicants they have had to process this year. Unfortunately there was a second letter stating that our prints were not readable by OSP and we had to come back to the office within 30 days to get reprinted. One more thing added on my to do list.

Wow...

I discovered my CHP had expired, so I went down to our Sheriff's office to renew. Since it'd been over some period of days, I had to re-apply. The lady at the window informed me that due to the surge of applications, they would not be able to hand me a new permit on the spot, like they had when I first applied many years ago... but a 7 day turn around was a lot better than 203 days.

Love living in BFE sometimes

Salem's not so great at the moment, I called and scheduled an appointment 2 months ahead of my CHL expiring and was pretty much treated like it was last minute. When my friend went in for her first it took 4 months to get an appointment, nice little workaround for the 45 day limit

Yes they did the same "workaround" of the 45 day limit here in BFE Oregon. We went in to drop off our applications, class certificates and paperwork back in April and were informed that they do not accept applications until the appointment day. The next opening for an appointment was 20 weeks away. In late August when my wife and I went in for pictures and prints they turned out fine so I think the new gal they hired to handle the surge lost or failed to label our electronic print file. We were also told at our appointment that the 45 day state limit was out the window and it could take as long as 90 days. I guess we should be happy it only took two months. By the way, we have had our non-resident Utah permits since June.

Man that sucks.. when I got mine two years ago it was prints one day, picture and pay the next day, two weeks later I got my permit. I just moved to albany and had to change my CHL and that took less than a week for me to get the new license from Linn county sheriff's, They were not having any issue what so ever with keeping up.. Nice and fast, office was almost empty..

Unfortunately if you live in Oregon you have to apply at your home county. If that were not the case I could have driven 3 hours to Canyon City and done the same thing.

That kinda sucks.... In WA I had to call and make an appointment which was 7 weeks out! But the renewal process was walk in and you get the new one in the mail in 7 days. I will say it took 11 weeks after they cashed the check to get my Utah endorsement

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top