JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I swear Idaho looks so enticing every damn day. It doesn't help I drive to Portland everyday for work…🤬
Last night I watched a 5 minute ad on "the greater Idaho movement. Interesting and somewhat funny. That's the problem though, we keep giving ground up eventually we'll have nowhere left to go. It is tactically unsound. We need to stay here and fight the good fight via our votes, testimony, comments, pro 2A propaganda, information sharing and proper debates. If we keep running from the fights, eventually we'll have nowhere left to go.

Yeah and I'm sure thousands will line right up and turn theirs in right away.
Not. Haha.
It passed the house today. According to the OFF email I got a couple hours ago, their is no way that it won't be voted into law if everyone shows up to vote. I didn't even know all this was going on until yesterday....

I have visions of caravans of paddiwagons rolling around trying to pick up 250,000 brand new felons- I however don't think that the types of folks who competently build their own kit are the sorta folks you want to try to kick down the door of. If they try to enforce this it will be embarrassing as hell for them and I'm certain blood will spill.

Last night I watched a 5 minute ad on "the greater Idaho movement. Interesting and somewhat funny. That's the problem though, we keep giving ground up eventually we'll have nowhere left to go. It is tactically unsound. We need to stay here and fight the good fight via our votes, testimony, comments, pro 2A propaganda, information sharing and proper debates. If we keep running from the fights, eventually we'll have nowhere left to go.
I'm not staying here to fight a losing battle. I have no ties to Oregon anyway. I'd rather fight from the top of the mountain in Idaho than from below it in Oregon.

Unfortunately, the demographics are changing in this country overall. Idaho will eventually go Blue because of all of the California transplants. They did it to Arizona, they are close to completing it in Montana, and Idaho is next on the list.

It doesn't matter if we "stay and fight".....the hoard gets bigger every day and you can't overcome that, at least not without a long-term campaign that would take WAY more money and manpower than we currently have. Once Liberals and Democrats take over entire states, then they have unlimited tax payer money to do with as they see fit. It keeps them in power no matter what. Oregon is Blue, and that's never going to change.....at least not in my lifetime. But at least Idaho isn't anywhere near there yet. I expect Montana and Texas to go Blue before Idaho does. Therefore, yeah....I'd rather live in Idaho.

Staying and fighting is admirable for those who have connections here. I don't. It's a losing battle, and we're greatly outnumbered and getting more so every day. The courts can make all the rulings they want....we've seen time and time again that solidly Blue states like New York and California just don't care, and they have the money to drag it out indefinitely, and they have the numbers in Congress (state) to keep coming up with more endless amounts of restrictions to circumvent whatever the courts say. That's never going to change.....they hate you, and they are NEVER going to stop trying to make gun owner's lives a living hell. You really think Rosenblum gives two shnats what the USSC says about gun rights? LOL, no.

I see it as being far more viable if gun owners put their "woe's home" feelings aside and shore up power in Red, pro-gun states. It will be a beacon for all of us who love freedom, and the next generation of gun owners will be born and bred there, and hopefully spread outward to other parts of the country with the same values that are taught at home, so that they may continue the same pro-gun heritage that this country was founded on.

Soooo.....good luck to those of you who want to stay. It's not for me. 2 years max and I'm gone for Idaho.

So for HB 2005-1 what does that mean for 80% receivers? Do we have to do BGc's on them? Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this question.
To stay legal they will need to be serialized by an FFL. To appear legal to 99% of people they will need to be serialized. There will be increased business opportunities for engravers with FFL. Same rules will apply to all homemade firearms.

An alternative would be to incorporate the serialized portion of material from an existing firearm into your 80% or homemade build.

To stay legal they will need to be serialized by an FFL. To appear legal to 99% of people they will need to be serialized. There will be increased business opportunities for engravers with FFL. Same rules will apply to all homemade firearms.

An alternative would be to incorporate the serialized portion of material from an existing firearm into your 80% or homemade build.
Are you certain about that? I'm not.

Are you certain about that? I'm not.
Which part are you uncertain about?

SECTION 4. (1) A person may not knowingly possess, offer for sale, sell or transfer a
firearm unless the firearm has been imprinted with a serial number by a federally licensed
firearm manufacturer, importer or dealer, or a gunsmith with a federal firearms license, in
accordance with federal law.

Last Edited:
Which part are you uncertain about?

SECTION 4. (1) A person may not knowingly possess, offer for sale, sell or transfer a
firearm unless the firearm has been imprinted with a serial number by a federally licensed
firearm manufacturer, importer or dealer, or a gunsmith with a federal firearms license, in
accordance with federal law.
The definition of an untraceable/undetectable firearm per their imagination is what I am unclear about. If you were to posses an 80% that you completed and it is not serialized when this law passes, it does not appear that their is any leniency to allow Individuals to go get it serialized and slap their name in the registry as that person will be traveling to that FFL with an item that would land them 10 years in prison.

The definition of an untraceable/undetectable firearm per their imagination is what I am unclear about. If you were to posses an 80% that you completed and it is not serialized when this law passes, it does not appear that their is any leniency to allow Individuals to go get it serialized and slap their name in the registry as that person will be traveling to that FFL with an item that would land them 10 years in prison.
I would think it would have to be serialized prior to the law being enacted. Serialization after the law is active would need to be done out of State or before the item was recognized as a frame/receiver under the law.

Its a home built, non-traceable whatever. How would anyone know you have one unless you've broadcast to OSP that you do? I doubt oregon has the resources to plant a trooper at ranges, including the little spots in remote woods where folks target shoot.
Its another goofy-bubblegum, feel good law the blue's are pushing forward to appease their constituents.
Purchasing more from date XX forward will be difficult, but I don't see how they will enforce those already owning one.
Which, BTW, didn't some federal court strike a similar law down as unconstitutional just recently?

It passed the house today. According to the OFF email I got a couple hours ago, their is no way that it won't be voted into law if everyone shows up to vote. I didn't even know all this was going on until yesterday....
It passed out of the house judiciary committee to the floor with subsequesnt referral to the ways and means committee. That's not the same as being passed by the house. You can still submit comments to your representatives and to members of the joint ways and means committee on Public Safety.

Now that you know what's going on, might be time to read a few more of the posts here and start talking to friends and family about it.

I see it as being far more viable if gun owners put their "woe's home" feelings aside and shore up power in Red, pro-gun states. It will be a beacon for all of us who love freedom, and the next generation of gun owners will be born and bred there, and hopefully spread outward to other parts of the country with the same values that are taught at home, so that they may continue the same pro-gun heritage that this country was founded on.
In all honesty I can see this happening. Brandon's been doing a bang up job of dividing the nation and declaring half the population as enemies of the state. Not just in words but acting on it! More segregation between states seems like a likely outcome. Blues getting more tyrannical and Red more and more in defiance of goobermental interference. If you want to live your life according to your own conscience, it may no longer be possible in a "mixed society" were there was once a fair degree of "mutual respect" for others. People will begin to congregate with those of like mind and standards out of necessity.

These increases of external pressures imposing on an individuals right to live a free life under their own terms is creating nothing more than a hightened demand to increase resistance.... only speeding the eventual mass segregation process, IMHO

There's no doubt that there's a revolution coming. Let's pray that people keep their heads on straight and keep it peaceful.
You mean like antifa? BLM? Wokeitis? The Karen pandemic? Trans vengeance? Fed agency weaponization? "Zero tolerance" out of the white house? Concerned parents of grade school children being investigated as dometic terrorists? The Betsy Ross flag, the punisher and liberty tree logos being branded as symbols of violent extremism? Blood red naziesk state of the union addresses decrying half the U.S. population as enemies of democracy?

Shall I go on?

1680271423309.png

Let's not get this thread locked.

I can guarantee you, there are undercover people from different law enforcement agencies in this state, sowing discord and suggesting violence. I myself have been approached. Be careful of your associations.

I can guarantee you, there are undercover people from different law enforcement agencies in this state, sowing discord and suggesting violence. I myself have been approached. Be careful of your associations.
I wasn't advocating violence... it that's how it "read". Just commentary on the, "Let's pray that people keep their heads on straight and keep it peaceful" remark.

That ship seems to have already sailed on one side of the aisle..... 🤣

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads