JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thought I'd just "drop" these here:

GOVERNOR, AG LAY OUT 5 GUN CONTROL BILLS
Friday March 3, 2023

ktkrsnblmbthmar23.jpg
By Taxpayers Association of Oregon
OregonWatchdog.com

Oregon Governor Tina Kotek and Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum teamed up with gun control political activist group Moms Demand Action yesterday to announce a big agenda of gun control bills and projects.
The gun control agenda includes:
– HB 2005: Banning the sale of self-made firearms
– HB 2006: Raising the age of rifles from 18 to 21
– HB 2007: Allow local governments to ban concealed carry on public property and nearby to property.
– HB 3060: Oregon income tax credit to buy gun safe/lock
– $750,000 to hire more prosecutors to focus just on gun crimes
The gun control activist group, Moms Demand Action, vowed at the press conference, "Oregon has become a national leader in the fight to end gun violence. Now, alongside our gun sense leaders, we're building on that progress…"
It is unclear how effective many of these measures will be if Oregon continues to release 1,000's of criminals early on the streets (as Gov. Brown has) and not prosecute criminals for thousands of crimes as local District Attorneys have done. Or how the media's pledge to stop reporting certain crimes, stop publicizing mug shots and start erasing old crime stories (to protect the criminal) will help reduce crime.
meme-prcrmmnthbrwndthmrchnt.jpg

Last Edited:
It is unclear how effective many of these measures will be if Oregon continues to release 1,000 criminals early on the streets (as Gov. Brown has) and not prosecute criminals for thousands of crimes as local District Attorneys have done. Or how the media's pledge to stop reporting certain crimes, stop publicizing mug shots and start erasing old crime stories (to protect the criminal) will help reduce crime.
Oregon has made clear that we are tolerant of every stupid decision a person could ever hope to make. So, not surprisingly, people continue to make stupid decisions. And, stupid people are drawn to come here from all over and enjoy themselves.

If they want to stop violent crime in Oregon, then repeat offenders need to be locked up for extended periods of time. And communities should shun these people upon release. Print their pictures in the paper and force them to leave this area.

But of course, this is not about crime or saving lives. This is about upsetting the status quo and rewriting the American bargain. They want to drink your milkshake. That's all it is.

How many of you will call and write your legislators? We are at the point where the rubber meets the road. We need people to keep up with informing us on new legislation. Remember the phrase "information is power"? I'm telling you that it's BS. Information is worthless without action. We all need to act if we want anything to happen. Write and call your legislators, committee members, and bill sponsors. https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/ is the link.

A phone call or quick email takes only a few minutes. If you keep an eye on the schedule or sign up for alerts, you'll know when and how to submit written testimony, appear to testify in person, or testify remotely. It's really not that hard.

Last Edited:
Wow, the stupid knows no bounds, especially with those two Twats! Is anyone surprised these two would come out swinging for the fences on Gun Control, especially with MDA and LEVO so actively involved! Kotex sure didn't waste any time did she, musta been hard gettin' all that hair outta her teeth for the photos, and Rosenblum finally crawled out from under her desk, dried her lips, and put on a red shirt too!

GOVERNOR, AG LAY OUT 5 GUN CONTROL BILLS
Friday March 3, 2023

View attachment 1376185
By Taxpayers Association of Oregon
OregonWatchdog.com

Oregon Governor Tina Kotek and Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum teamed up with gun control political activist group Moms Demand Action yesterday to announce a big agenda of gun control bills and projects.
The gun control agenda includes:
– HB 2005: Banning the sale of self-made firearms
– HB 2006: Raising the age of rifles from 18 to 21
– HB 2007: Allow local governments to ban concealed carry on public property and nearby to property.
– HB 3060: Oregon income tax credit to buy gun safe/lock
– $750,000 to hire more prosecutors to focus just on gun crimes
The gun control activist group, Moms Demand Action, vowed at the press conference, "Oregon has become a national leader in the fight to end gun violence. Now, alongside our gun sense leaders, we're building on that progress…"
It is unclear how effective many of these measures will be if Oregon continues to release 1,000's of criminals early on the streets (as Gov. Brown has) and not prosecute criminals for thousands of crimes as local District Attorneys have done. Or how the media's pledge to stop reporting certain crimes, stop publicizing mug shots and start erasing old crime stories (to protect the criminal) will help reduce crime.
View attachment 1376186
This brief article makes HB2005 seem a lot less onerous than it is. Self-manufacture isn't material to the bill, serialization is. Posession of post-1968 unserialized firearms will be illegal. Import of unfinished frames/receivers will be banned. Sale simply follows in the text as a matter of course.

_20230304_081830.JPG

This brief article makes HB2005 seem a lot less onerous than it is. Self-manufacture isn't material to the bill, serialization is. Posession of post-1968 unserialized firearms will be illegal. Import of unfinished frames/receivers will be banned. Sale simply follows in the text as a matter of course.

View attachment 1376799
That's about to get shot down in the district courts, and if it goes to SCOTUS, it has a very good chance there as well! SN# goes against this nations rich history and traditions of home made firearms, in fact, it was actually encouraged!

How many of you will call and write your legislators? We are at the point where the rubber meets the road. We need people to keep up with informing us on new legislation. Remember the phrase "information is power"? I'm telling you that it's BS. Information is worthless without action. We all need to act if we want anything to happen. Write and call your legislators, committee members, and bill sponsors. https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/ is the link.

A phone call or quick email takes only a few minutes. If you keep an eye on the schedule or sign up for alerts, you'll know when and how to submit written testimony, appear to testify in person, or testify remotely. It's really not that hard.
I have, and do, every time. Unfortunately we have reached a point in this state/country where they simply don't give a crap about our opinion, our rights, or the constitution anymore. They've ignored us every other time they pushed anti gun agendas. Why would they listen now? The only thing that stopped the last round of gun legislation was the republican walk out. Can't rely on that saving us anymore.

I have, and do, every time. Unfortunately we have reached a point in this state/country where they simply don't give a crap about our opinion, our rights, or the constitution anymore. They've ignored us every other time they pushed anti gun agendas. Why would they listen now? The only thing that stopped the last round of gun legislation was the republican walk out. Can't rely on that saving us anymore.
Yes. The arrogance is breathtaking. They will turn their back on you. I have a brother who is like this. Raised in the same home, same parents. 20 years living in Seattle and I can't even talk to him anymore. It is very easy to get on his bad side.

These people are not only anti-gun, they are anti-American.

Last Edited:
We're half way through this session and things will be moving faster soon. That means less time to react to hearings on anti-gun bills. There are a couple of groups that will give you a heads up on anti-gun as well as other legislation reaching the hearing and testimony stage.

Oregon Citizens Lobby is one and Oregon Peoples Vote is another Both work better when you sign up for alerts. You will get an explanation of the bills and what action you can take. In the next few weeks, there will be literally hundreds of bills jammed through. You have to pay attention and DO SOMETHING if you want your voice heard. Getting opinions on the record is critical.

Yes. The arrogance is breathtaking. They will turn their back on you. I have a brother who is like this. Raised in the same home, same parents. 20 years living in Seattle and I can't even talk to him anymore. It is very easy to get on his bad side.

These people are not only anti-gun, they are anti-American.
Have family like this, too. They have bought in to deception and the strong delusion to believe the lie. They have no factual basis for any of their arguments. I try to have a low key conversation about facts and they explode with unhinged emotional tantrums. Based on my observation, it appears that facts and truth cause them actual physical and emotional pain, which I believe comes from their cognitive dissonance.

I've witnessed their cognitive dissonance manifest in verbal almost physical violence even if you don't engage with them. They look for perceived offenses under every rock. What a miserable life that must be. I've had one of these family members completely go ballistic and disown me, not because of anything I said, but because I didn't mention Ukraine in my Christmas letter...of all things...

Here's the OFF alert about the anti-gun bills I was talking about earlier:

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/theyre-coming

We have reliable information that at least three anti-gun bills will be scheduled for hearings soon.
We believe they will be House Bills 2005, 2006 and 2007.
Collectively these bills will deny 18-20 year olds the right to possess a firearm, ban home made firearms with no provision for complying if you already legally own one, and make much of the state off limits to licensed concealed carry.
All of these bills, if passed, will eventually be found to be unconstitutional. But only after long and expensive court battles. So we need to do all we can to stop them now.
Please call House Republican Leader Vikki Breese Iverson and tell her that she must use every single tool she has to prevent the Democrats from passing laws that will eliminate the Second Amendment in Oregon.
As soon as we have more details and dates we will share them.
Category: OFF Alerts

Post navigation

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/please-speak-against-the-coming-propaganda

The big three are here.

OFF Alert

ANTI GUN AVALANCHE

Our previous alert was a mere downpayment on what's now coming.

Aside from the bad news in that alert, we can now confirm that next Wednesday, March 22, the Oregon House Judiciary Committee will be hearing and preparing to move, three extreme, unconstitutional, and dangerous bills.

HB 2005 bans privately made firearms, which of course, are perfectly legal under current Oregon and Federal law. There are NO grandfather provisions in the bill. If you possess a firearm you legally made, that does not have a serial number engraved by a manufacturer or gunsmith, you will be a criminal, period.

There is no lawful way to add a serial number to any firearm you have already made. While a licensed gunsmith can take possession of a home made firearm to put a serial number on it, the owner of the gun may not lawfully deliver it.

HB 2006 Prohibits 18,19, and 20 year olds from owning any modern firearm. That includes any firearm they lawfully bought and currently own. There are no grandfather provisions. If a person under 21 lawfully owns any modern firearm they will be criminals when this bill goes into effect, period. This is not a ban on future sales or transfers. It is an outright prohibition and government theft of private property.

HB 2007 Creates vast and undefined "off-limits" locations for CHL holders. Any government entity of any kind can not only declare its property off limits to law-abiding gun owners, but extend that to "adjacent" grounds which could mean anything. A city hall could declare a nearby grocery store off limits. It will be a crime to pick up or drop off a person at the Portland Airport even if you never leave your car. A drive through any metropolitan area will make you a criminal countless times over.

All of these bills are scheduled for hearings on March 22nd at 5pm. Earlier that day, at 8am, the committee will hold "informational hearings" on the bills which will only include "invited testimony." Not you.

You can use this link: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Committees/HJUD/2023-03-22-17-00/Agenda to sign up to testify in person or remotely (in the evening long after the "invited testimony" has wrapped up with no time limits) for all three of these bills.

If you want to upload written testimony you can use the same link. Just click on the bill number, and then above that, in the tool bar at the top of the page, click on "Submit Testimony."

The chairman of the committee, and the person responsible for pushing these bills, is Democrat Jason Kropf. Kropf alone decides which bills move forward. He has already locked down the votes of the other Democrats on the Committee and almost certainly has promises from all the other House Democrats to vote in favor of these outrageous, unconstitutional, and hateful bills.

You can contact him here: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/kropf

Kropf, and his fellow leftists are determined to steal the property of law abiding Oregonians and render them defenseless while his party does all it can to flood our streets with violent criminals.

Now on to the Senate.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has its own anti-gun bills in the works. These are being pushed by perennial gun hater and far left extremist Floyd Prozanski.

On March 27, at 1pm the Senate Judiciary Committee has anti gun bills scheduled for hearings.

SB 348. While the bill's summary says "Directs Department of Justice to study ways to address unlawful possession of firearms, and to provide results of study to interim committees of Legislative Assembly" that's also almost all the bill says. The problem is the "relating clause." And THAT, is "relating to firearms."

Bills that direct any state agency to conduct virtually any study are "placeholder" bills designed to be "gut and stuffed" at the last minute, and this is a prime candidate. They have not yet revealed what they plan to stuff it with, but keep an eye on it. It's almost certainly coming.

SB 527 "Allows" a gun dealer to refuse to sell to anyone under 21. While we think any dealer who wants to snub lawful gun buyers has the right, and we have the right to shop elsewhere, we think this bill is a gateway to mandating it. And given the House's intention to ban possession for anyone under 21 it should be watched.

You can sign up to testify for either of these bills, remotely or in person here https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Committees/SJUD/2023-03-27-13-00/Agenda .

As noted above, you can also use that link to submit written testimony by clicking on the bill number and going to "Submit Testimony" at the top of the page.

As always you should contact your own representatives. You can use this link to connect with them:

https://geo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=fd070b56c975456ea2a25f7e3f4289d1

Here are the direct links to testimony. You can see what others are saying and use them as examples.

HB2005 testimony

HB2006 testimony

HB2007 testimony

I'm not seeing a lot of comments or responses to my posts on these bills. Am I wasting my time trying to get members on this forum to participate?
Stay the course, there are those of us listening who are quite thankful for your efforts!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top