JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The issue is that it is illegal to ship 10+ round mags into WA unless destined for LE. So the seller isn't going to be able to do that.
So far at least one FFL is "claiming" this is not how it works. So are you "guessing" here? So far at least one FFL is claiming they can accept a mag to alter it. Still waiting on the Mods here to see if they are going to be OK with a list being made here of FFL's willing to do this. Are you a lawyer? If not where are you getting the info you just posted here? Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

So far at least one FFL is "claiming" this is not how it works. So are you "guessing" here? So far at least one FFL is claiming they can accept a mag to alter it. Still waiting on the Mods here to see if they are going to be OK with a list being made here of FFL's willing to do this. Are you a lawyer? If not where are you getting the info you just posted here? Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.
Why do mods need to be involved? It's simple (IMO), FFLs are people who make their own judgements, buyers are people who make their own judgements. If either has any questions they can seek legal advice from an attorney. If something is clearly outside of the law then it may be in violation of forum rules but that's not up to us as forum members to get involved with imo. All just imo, I like to stay out of other peoples business, keeps life simple.

Last Edited:
I'm not a lawyer, I just read the plain language of the law. The problem is that out of state dealers are going to do the same thing I did and not see how they can import an illegal mag that doesnt fall under the exceptions stated in that law. There is no "shipping to have modified" language.

Why do mods need to be involved? It's simple (IMO), FFLs are people who make their own judgements, buyers are people who make their own judgements. If either has any questions they can seek legal advice from an attorney. If something is clearly outside of the law then it may be in violation of forum rules but that's not up to us as forum members to get involved with imo. All just imo, I like to stay out of other peoples business, keeps life simple.
Another member told me of one FFL who he claims can and will do this. I asked one of the Mods about making a list for this. If the owner of the site gives his blessing we will have it. We are playing in his house so its his rules.

Additionally, has anyone established with the AG what is considered a legally modified mag? If they use the 1994 ATF guidance, putting some rivets in isn't going to be enough.

None of these decisions is up to the local gunsmith.

Another member told me of one FFL who he claims can and will do this. I asked one of the Mods about making a list for this. If the owner of the site gives his blessing we will have it. We are playing in his house so its his rules.
That's great. How is that gunsmith going to convince the shipping FFL that they aren't breaking the law?

I think it would be smarter to make a thread that shows what different ffls policies are (or post screenshots of their website showing their policy or whatever) because my guess is the ffl's policies will vary due to it being a grey area.

That way the forum is truly neutral and cannot be seen as promoting one type of ffl policy but simply providing info on what policies ffls choose to use. Or even better just stay out of it altogether (imo). But as you say it's @Joe Link 's call. All imo...

I think it would be smarter to make a thread that shows what different ffls policies are (or post screenshots of their website showing their policy or whatever) because my guess is the ffl's policies will vary due to it being a grey area.

That way the forum is truly neutral and cannot be seen as promoting one type of ffl policy but simply providing info on what policies ffls choose to use. Or even better just stay out of it altogether (imo). But as you say it's @Joe Link 's call. All imo...
Sounds good to me, again I am not in charge here so not up to me. "If" this does become a "thing" where FFL's can and will do this, should be a great service. There has been a TON of people just making stuff up off the top of their head since this law went in. Shows why I have LONG said do NOT take legal advice off the net.
As for this, if it is done here it will of course be up to the guy who owns this site how its done. Again his house, his rules. :s0092:

Sounds good to me, again I am not in charge here so not up to me. "If" this does become a "thing" where FFL's can and will do this, should be a great service. There has been a TON of people just making stuff up off the top of their head since this law went in. Shows why I have LONG said do NOT take legal advice off the net.
As for this, if it is done here it will of course be up to the guy who owns this site how its done. Again his house, his rules. :s0092:
That was my purpose in posting: Claims about things not specifically stated in the law are more likely to be "made up" than what the law actually says. Like with ATF rulings that gave us the 10 US part rule for non-sporting rifles, the WA AG is going to have to issue written guidance about mag modification before it is safe for the shipper and receiver to act.

Yes of course I support this. Surely you bothered to read anything about me before coming up with this little gem, right?
:s0140:
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:
Right? Are you famous or something? Thanks for your opinion though whoever you are. I see you are pushing 16k messages, I dont have time for that. With all due respect, maybe you should shoot more? You might also like a full size all steel high-capacity pistol?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top