JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So if you want to buy a pistol that is not offered in a 10rd version like a CZ TS 2, does anybody know how to do this legally? I dont have any other state residence either.

Not being familiar with the pistol here in question...
I understand that CZ may not make a 10 round magazine...but is there an after market source that you could use...?
If so... have the seller keep the factory magazine and you buy the after market ones...

Yes that is stupid....but so is the law....
Andy

What you need is a "middleman FFL" who can accept the pistol out of state, block the mags to 10 rounds, and then ship it to your Washington FFL. Make sure your local FFL and the middleman FFL are on board with this procedure first. EBR Works in Arizona does this type of work, check with them.

What you need is a "middleman FFL" who can accept the pistol out of state, block the mags to 10 rounds, and then ship it to your Washington FFL. Make sure your local FFL and the middleman FFL are on board with this procedure first. EBR Works in Arizona does this type of work, check with them.
Thank you! Thats good info right there.

Not being familiar with the pistol here in question...
I understand that CZ may not make a 10 round magazine...but is there an after market source that you could use...?
If so... have the seller keep the factory magazine and you buy the after market ones...

Yes that is stupid....but so is the law....
Andy
Thats a thought too? But it comes with three factory mags and they are $40-50 each. I doubt they will discount the pistol because our state is full of "edited" voters, and when you find a good deal on Gun Broker, that is hard to bargain with when someone else can just buy it. But Thank you.

Check to see if Mec-Gar has a 10 round model. They are an OEM maker for a lot of gun manufacturers. IIRC they were making 10 round mags for CZ, Sig and others who sell guns in restricted states.
Also can this pistol use any existing CZ mags?

As I mentioned when this first happened and people kept asking this. I find it hard to believe there will be much in the way of guns that are not offered with a 10 round mag. WA was not the first state to come up with this law. We just finally got enough gun owners to sit it out and let it happen here too. So any guns being made if there was no 10 round mags made for them what are they just not sold in the other states? Of all the guns made if there is one that so far no one offers a 10 round mag for is it really worth having here then? As another poster mentioned you could get an FFL to permanently alter some mags to 10 but damn. Would having that gun really be worth that expense:confused:

Also buy from a retailer like KYGunCo or Atlantic Firearms- they have a message for an additional fee, will ship the mags to an address in state where legal and then .. well they can safely be "disposed"

Very simple. Ship it to a willing gunsmith/FFL who will place a rivet in the magazine to stop the shell plate at 10rds, then do your transfer.
Sure sounds simple. Ship gun to a Smith in another state, to disable the mag, and then that Smith ships the gun to an FFL in this state, to do the transfer. What an easy way to buy a gun and surely this simple purchase will not be expensive by the time you jump through all these hoops. Easy alright :s0140:

Whoever you're buying it from ships directly to your FFL Gunsmith. They do the rivets and transfer the gun to you. What's the issue. … call around and find a FFL gunsmith.

if iI were the OP, I wouldn't buy that gun. P210 Target would get the nod In 9mm, or a 1911 in 45. There are better workarounds.

Last Edited:
If you want the gun bad enough, yoyo have to accept that it will either take a lot of hassle to get the mags or it will come with no mags and no discount. There really aren't any other options unless the seller AND you are willing to break the law as it's written

So if you want to buy a pistol that is not offered in a 10rd version like a CZ TS 2, does anybody know how to do this legally? I dont have any other state residence either.

I appreciate all the info from everyone and I now have some "hoops" to jump through.
Its not really the mags I am worried about but I would like to avoid paying for mags I cant have, but I guess thats the price of admission? I do already have mags for my current CZ that will work just fine. I did in fact find out the TS 2 does come in a low capacity version, just not the "racing green" one. I will be finding out what the differences are?

And if you want a CZ, a Sig just wont do, but thank you anyways.

Thank you all for the ideas and info.

Just wait a bit and everything will be as clear as mud.

Nah.

Aloha, Mark

PS....yeah... despite Bruen people in WA are still waiting.

Last Edited:
FYI here is sporting systems policy on it:
D0E22B91-8D53-4879-BF61-F529C736542F.jpeg

FYI here is sporting systems policy on it:
View attachment 1251276
That sounds pretty much how I figured this would go. If someone wants to use them for a transfer they just send the gun with either no mag, or a mag made to only hold 10. I still find it hard to understand why so many are acting like the sky is falling over this. WA was way behind several other states on this. So many act like this is some new thing never seen before when its been going on for many years now.

"I still find it hard to understand why so many are acting like the sky is falling over this. WA was way behind several other states on this. So many act like this is some new thing never seen before when its been going on for many years now."

So you support this?
Im not acting like the sky is falling, I am simply a law abiding sporting shooter who cannot buy a sporting gun because some politician doesnt think I should be able to. And the fact they are ignorant about guns and shooting sports really gets me. I guarantee you no criminal is buying a $2k pistol to use in a violent crime.

"I still find it hard to understand why so many are acting like the sky is falling over this. WA was way behind several other states on this. So many act like this is some new thing never seen before when its been going on for many years now."

So you support this?
Im not acting like the sky is falling, I am simply a law abiding sporting shooter who cannot buy a sporting gun because some politician doesnt think I should be able to. And the fact they are ignorant about guns and shooting sports really gets me. I guarantee you no criminal is buying a $2k pistol to use in a violent crime.
Yes of course I support this. Surely you bothered to read anything about me before coming up with this little gem, right?
:s0140:
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Whoever you're buying it from ships directly to your FFL Gunsmith. They do the rivets and transfer the gun to you. What's the issue. … call around and find a FFL gunsmith.

if iI were the OP, I wouldn't buy that gun. P210 Target would get the nod In 9mm, or a 1911 in 45. There are better workarounds.
The issue is that it is illegal to ship 10+ round mags into WA unless destined for LE. So the seller isn't going to be able to do that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top