JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am afraid the anti gunners are feeling giddy with there 114 success. It only cost them $200k. Imaging what they can get done with way more money.

2023 will be worse. The Oregon Legislature has a blue supermajority and there is no way for the minority Republicans to stop votes by threatening quorum.

114 was just the sucker punch that knocked you down, now it's time for the legislature to kick your ribs in.

Look for an AWB at the very minimum with additional registration requirements. It's going to be Christmas every day of the year for tyranny. They can now have anything and everything they want.

Oregon has fallen and it may never get back up.
Oregon unfortunately for quite a while has been falling down the stairs -- and keeps going because there's no bottom to the stairs

Not as bad as it is for future gun owners.
Who are the future of the 2A.

Likewise, anything that "grandfathers" items is effectively sunsetting the RKBA as well. In Canada for example, new handguns are not allowed. If you own one, it's grandfathered in but cannot be passed down. Easy way to enact a generational ban on weapons without the plebians speaking up because of the "fugg you, I got mine" mentality we so often encounter in firearms communities.

The Oregon Legislature has a blue supermajority and there is no way for the minority Republicans to stop votes by threatening quorum.
I think I read where the Democrats lost their supermajority in both the Oregon House and Oregon Senate. I hope I'm not misinformed.

Nope - they lost a net of one seat decreasing Democrat control from from 38-22 to 37-23.

I think if you read that more closely, the Dems lost one seat to get to 37-23 in the 2020 elections. I went to OPB's election results website and they show the current projection is Republicans have won 25 seats. I don't think anything is final yet. But when left leaning sites are projecting the Dems will lose their supermajorities in the house and senate, I think they probably will.

@3MTA3

Here are the current results shown on OregonLive.

Senate: Dems 17 Repub 12 Indy 1 Needed for supermajority 18
House: Dems 35 Repub 25 Indy 0 Needed for supermajority 36

It is worrisome that the Dems are only 1 short of the supermajority number in both the House and Senate, but more so in the Senate where there is an Independent. I'm not sure about Oregon Independents, but on the national level they seem to bed with the Democrats.

Jeez youse people…. Bruen was just the start of pulling the loose thread of the FUGLY Christmas Sweater called "gun control".

Watch the process unravel all of this BS in the coming months and years.
Unfortunately if the same thing happens to the court under Joe or any other clueless hack that gave Trump the opportunity for 3 justices it could all be wiped away. One thing is for sure, the Supreme Court won't have this makeup forever.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top