JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe they've unfortunately been greenlit to gather signatures unless I'm reading the November 5, 2021 Supreme Court Conference Summary incorrectly: https://www.courts.oregon.gov/news/pages/supreme.aspx

3. Certified ballot titles in:
Kevin Starrett v. Ellen F. Rosenblum (S068787)
Kevin Starrett v. Ellen F. Rosenblum (S068788)
Unfortunately, I believe you are correct:
11/05/2021 Judgement Received from Supreme Court. Ballot Title approved with no changes.

6DD96D6D-0120-4D19-8EBE-4E9465DBF519.jpeg

Walter John Knutson IIINameMichael Z. CahanaNameMarilyn Keller
Address4526 NE 27th Avenue
Portland, OR 97211
Address3139 SW Fairmount Blvd.
Portland, OR 97239
Address5273 NE 14th Place
Portland, OR 97211
Contact
Information
Phone: (503)288-6174
Fax:()-
Contact
Information
Phone: (503)577-4814
Contact
Information
Phone: (541)833-0102

They've got plenty of time to gather signatures, so if this goes up for vote it is guaranteed to pass.
I wouldn't be so certain, a lot of Oregon's liberals on the social justice front also have a pretty big libertarian streak. At the same time, Justice Roberts comments at oral argument in NYSPRA v Buren suggest that a permit scheme might not be legal. The opinion on that case, depending on how broad or narrow, really could have an impact on all future firearms legislation and regulations.

I wonder how the black communities and Antifa will feel knowing that they'll be put in a database if Knutson gets his way.
As for Antifa probably the same way they feel about mask and vaccine mandates.

You would think that anarchist would be opposed to most forms of government control but not Antifa. They are selective anarchist only opposing government control if it suits their needs in the moment.

With all the unsolved shootings going on there is no way of knowing what capacity magazine was used or how cerialized magazines or pictures would have made a difference.

These measures are to irritate and annoy potential gun owners from using their full rights. They have zero to do with safety and prevention. I didn't see the suggested penalty for non compliance. We know the ultimate (and desired goal) result is they send big men in black with large capacity magazines and lawful orders to shoot resisters if they feel fear.

The question is often posed here, which pro-rights organization is worth supporting. I think in the present case it's worth noting that so far, and as far as I know, only one group, OFF, stepped up to try and stop, or at least hinder these IPs:
908D93CC-A732-4EE3-AD33-85E676C79267.jpeg
At least the signature gathering process was delayed by several months.

At this point I don't see what else can be done, other than hope the tail end of the plandemic helps prevent them from getting the required number of signatures.

Buy magazines now.
Good idea

They've got plenty of time to gather signatures, so if this goes up for vote it is guaranteed to pass.
Agreed. It will be close, but it will pass.

It's bad news and not likely to face much in the way of organized opposition. They will have media on their side.
...On the side of the angels.

The intellectual Marxist elite ("postmodernists") are slowly dissolving Christian civilization. One day they will come for Knutson also. He thinks he is safe from them because he panders to their messaging. But he is not.

Unfortunately the willfully uneducated and intentionally ignorant voters in Multnomah County will carry any anti 2A bill to passage. With help from voters in parts of other counties. With the media, just as willfully uneducated and intentionally ignorant, who ask no valid questions of politicians whom are well known to be anti 2A, the rest of the voters will hear only one side, as has become the norm in Oregon.

My PDX neighbors think that having your vehicle broken into, it's fuel stolen, your property trespassed and outside items stolen are just the price we pay for living in such a wonderful welcoming city. That's straight outta the mouth of a "we chose love" and "BLM Matters" sign waving neighbor. These are the same people who "don't believe guns are necessary".

They also believe the drug addict tent cities, the rats, garbage, drug trash, theft, fights, drug use and dealing, and shoplifting the thieving homeless bring to our neighborhood are just examples of how we need to help others by giving them free homes, health care, minimum monthly income and no consequences for the same behavior that would land me in jail. Several of my neighbors are very proud that they voted to increase taxes so that the city of Portland and Multnomah County can have 300 Million (not sure if it's per year) instead of 80 million to spend on our "house less neighbors".

This is the mentality and the viewpoint of the same people who vote for "common sense gun control". They will vote for these IPs when they get on the ballot, affecting everyone else in the state, not just Multnomah County.

Glad I'm leaving as the sense of hopelessness in effecting any positive 2A (or any fiscal) changes is deep and frustrating. My family isn't safe, my property isn't safe. These IPs, when passed, won't make anyone any safer. But the Dems can have it. I'm done.

Last Edited:
Unfortunately the willfully uneducated and intentionally ignorant voters in Multnomah County will carry any anti 2A bill to passage. With help from voters in parts of other counties. With the media, just as willfully uneducated and intentionally ignorant, who ask no valid questions of politicians whom are well known to be anti 2A, the rest of the voters will hear only one side, as has become the norm in Oregon.

My PDX neighbors think that having your vehicle broken into, it's fuel stolen, your property trespassed and outside items stolen are just the price we pay for living in such a wonderful welcoming city. That's straight outta the mouth of a "we chose love" and "BLM Matters" sign waving neighbor. These are the same people who "don't believe guns are necessary".

They also believe the drug addict tent cities, the rats, garbage, drug trash, theft, fights, drug use and dealing, shoplifting the thieving homeless bring to our neighborhood are just examples of how we need to help others by giving them free homes, health care, minimum monthly income and no consequences for the same behavior that would land me in jail. Several of my neighbors are very proud that they voted to increase taxes so that the city of Portland and Multnomah County can have 300 Million (not sure if it's per year) instead of 80 million to spend on our "house less neighbors".

This is the mentality and the viewpoint of the same people who vote for "common sense gun control". They will vote for these IPs when they get on the ballot, affecting everyone else in the state, not just Multnomah County.

Glad I'm leaving as the sense of hopelessness in effecting any positive 2A (or any fiscal) changes is deep and frustrating. My family isn't safe, my property isn't safe. These IPs, when passed, won't make anyone any safer. But the Dems can have it. I'm done.
Unfortunately a lot of people share your neighbor's views.

They also believe the drug addict tent cities, the rats, garbage, drug trash, theft, fights, drug use and dealing, shoplifting the thieving homeless bring to our neighborhood are just examples of how we need to help others by giving them free homes, health care, minimum monthly income and no consequences for the same behavior that would land me in jail. Several of my neighbors are very proud that they voted to increase taxes so that the city of Portland and Multnomah County can have 300 Million (not sure if it's per year) instead of 80 million to spend on our "house less neighbors".

^^Well written and 100% on-point.

I've heard similar (jaw-dropping) arguments myself, i.e., the damage done to personal property is worth the cause "in the long run". This is the propaganda message of violent revolutionaries, not peaceful protestors..These criminal elements are actively being protected by the Bolshevist/Utopist elite in the media and communist sympathizers in the white upper class.

I wish I could get out of here too, but I'm stuck for a while yet.

As for Antifa probably the same way they feel about mask and vaccine mandates.

You would think that anarchist would be opposed to most forms of government control but not Antifa. They are selective anarchist only opposing government control if it suits their needs in the moment.
I don't believe Antifa claims anarchy. What they stand for is baked into the name. ;-)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top