JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

Hoping for a little clarification here...

If you want to hunt buck deer, there are three ways to do so as I see it. 1. Controlled 100 series hunt (bow, rifle, muzzle, etc.) 2. General Western Oregon any legal weapon 3. General archery season. It seems as though you can only choose one of these. Has it always been this way? In 2020, I thought I put on for a controlled 100 series to grab the point, and was still able to purchase the general rifle tag.

Is this restriction new, or am I misremembering.

Thanks for any input.

I believe you can put in for the controlled tags, and if you dont draw you can still just buy the general over the counter tag. It just gives you the option to buy the general tag now if you are dead set on it and wont be putting in for the draws. Dont take my word for it tho, id give them ODFW a call

That makes sense. I'll call them to double check. If I don't draw controlled, do you think I can hunt both rifle and archery general, or just one or the other?

Yep. And there is also a westside late season bow hunt you can do if you choose the westside archery general tag and dont tag out, unless they changed that this year too

I believe it's kind of always been this way. You either hunt a specific controlled hunt if you applied and drew and purchased that tag, OTC units for archery season with archery gear, or the OTC units during rifle season with any legal weapon.

They changed the Eastern unit OTC archery deer to controlled I believe in 2020. And changed some of the wording in the reg's from rifle to any legal weapon for the rifle seasons. Which was always the case they just didn't word it as such.

Other than some of the 600 series hunts, or the premium draw tag, you get one tag during the season and hunt with the weapon designated for that hunt during that hunts timeframe. That's either a draw tag any legal weapon or archery seasons or OTC any legal weapon or archery seasons.

Can't say for certain, though in 2021, I applied for a 100 series and didn't get it but also got a general buck which I filled. Can't remember if I bought them in the same transaction...

If you want to hunt buck deer, there are three ways to do so as I see it. 1. Controlled 100 series hunt (bow, rifle, muzzle, etc.) 2. General Western Oregon any legal weapon 3. General archery season
Correct. If you don't draw a 100 series hunt, you may choose either a General Bow tag or a "rifle" (Now any weapon) tag. With tag 119A you can hunt the tag season and general season. Looks like Bow tags 123R1+2 also get access to general Bow season.

I don't think that has changed for many years now, only 1 "100 series" or general tag.

Hi,

Hoping for a little clarification here...

If you want to hunt buck deer, there are three ways to do so as I see it. 1. Controlled 100 series hunt (bow, rifle, muzzle, etc.) 2. General Western Oregon any legal weapon 3. General archery season. It seems as though you can only choose one of these. Has it always been this way? In 2020, I thought I put on for a controlled 100 series to grab the point, and was still able to purchase the general rifle tag.

Is this restriction new, or am I misremembering.

Thanks for any input.
So what's your question then , ?? You get one tag for 100, series , I for ,600 series and 1 for is it 800 or 900 series ,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top